Thursday, June 30, 2005

June Round up, July Goals & SBQ

Its almost July here so I figured I would get in early this time with my roundup and goals for July, instead of doing it half way thru the month like last time!

my June Goals were:-

to continue weekly rotation on Emmy and Noah's Sub - ummm, no, got side tracked!
one night per week for the Celtic Band Sampler - yes
finsh Hope ornie - yes
I also had great plans for doing some "finishing" but that didn't happen.

however, because I decided to diverge from my little rotation I had a few small happy dances!

My June Starts and Finishes were:
Lizzie Kate's Welcome All Seasons
Atelier de Brodeuse - Au Fil des Reves
New Zealand International Heart - Victoria Sampler
JBW Designs - A Christmas Tree Sampler

I also have snuck in another June start - a San Man Originals freebie called Friends. Its going to be a gift for an overseas friend who has been a bit unwell lately.

So, the big plan for July is to get on and make some decent progress in all my current WIP's - Noah's sub, Emerald Mermaid, and the Shepherd's Bush stocking. The next free weekend I have I will be getting the sewing machine out and get cracking on some finishing. Its been sometime since I had so many little completed but unfinished pieces in the drawer.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

When starting a new project, do you start in the middle? If you do,once you've worked down to the bottom, do you turn your chart andfabric around so that you are stitching the top section downwardsagain or do you just stitch upwards from the middle?

I think this is the first SBQ I've answered in about three week's - bad girl!

I like to start in the middle on new projects, even if its a band sampler, as I've had some very bad experiences of starting either at the top or side and then run out of fabric to stitch on. Not a good thing to do. I tend to start in the middle and then go sideways or down to the left for some reason, just the way I prefer to stitch I think. I'll even count out to the middle of nowhere on the fabric so I can stitch back to the left.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...