Robert’s stocking is all done, yay! I finished it on the 31st Dec and have only two or three charms left to sew on. I completely forgot that I needed some navy ribbon to attach onto the stocking and of course, it’s the only colour out of lots of ribbons in my sewing stash that I don't have, lol. Will have to remember to pick some up on Wednesday when the shops in town reopen after the new year break.
So with a finish, I was then able to start something new. Can you guess what I decided to do? The petal fairy by Mirabilia! It’s a lovely pattern, the first in many of the new Mirabilas that I really liked. I have chosen Pipi Kiwi Illusions from Countrystitch to stitch her on which is really going to set off the lovely fushias, pinks and brown threads in her.
However, I do have a plan for January that I’ll try and stick too. I’m going back to a rotation method that I used during 2004 and which really worked out well. What it is, is to have two largish projects on the go which will be alternated each week and stitched on during Monday to Thursday. Then I will pick up a smaller project to do Friday and Saturdays, and Sunday nights will be devoted to the Shepherd Bush stockings. Smaller projects could be ornaments, needlerolls or anything else that may take only a few hours” to stitch.
So for the next few weeks I’ll be working on the Petal Fairy and Drawn Thread’s Real Roses alternate weeks, and my small project for now is Meadow Hill by Shepherd’s Bush.
Of course this could all go completely out the window when my Stitching Bits and Bobs order with my new stash arrives!!