Monday, December 27, 2004

Books, books and more books

This afternoon I finished reading my current book, the Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory. It was a really good read, once I got started on it I couldn't put it down. Philippa Gregory also wrote the Other Boleyn Girl and the Queen's Fool, and this one followed on from these two. It focused on Elizabeth, Sir Robert Dudley and his wife Amy. All the way through I kept on seeing in my mind Cate Blanchett as Elizabeth, from the movie "Elizabeth", lol.

I have a considerable pile of books that I'd like to get through over the holidays:

Late Season - Christobel Kent
The Fourth Queen - Debbie Taylor
The Birth of Venus - Sarah Dunant
The Last Kingdom - Bernard Cornwell
Unexpected Blessings - Barbara Taylor Bradford
Fire Along the Sky - Sara Donati
Tell No One - Harlan Coben

When I was in the bookshop the other day I noticed that there is a new Anita Shreve " Light on Snow" and a new Belinda Alexander "Wild lavender", both of which I'll have to remember to reserve at the local library.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...