Tuesday, September 10, 2024

New stitching starts and poor Diesel!

Hello friends, each year I look forward to joining the Tiny Modernist's mystery Christmas stitch along, which gets underway on the 1st September. Parts are released each month leading up to Christmas. 

This year's design is a Christmas Cuckoo Clock - looks like I'm in for a lot of stitching on this one!


My fabric choice is 32 count Vintage Grey Belfast linen, which I was able to buy at my local sewing shop, Curtis Fabrics.

My stitching so far



I also decided to start this sweet design on the weekend, the threads in this design are so pretty.




Spring time here in Central Hawkes Bay means it's the annual Spring Fling time, with various events being held throughout September and October. This Saturday's event was a market held at one of our local parks with lots of stalls, food trucks, and entertainment. Hannah and I went along with my friend Sherryn, and we had a lovely time strolling around in the sunshine. So many people out and about.
 


Hannah had her annual dancing exams over the weekend too, jazz and ballet, and she was very happy how they went.  

We went along to our local movie theatre Saturday night to see the new Beetlejuice movie, which was bit of a laugh, quite cheesy. I was a teenager when the first movie came out, I don't know how many times I would have watched it. I also used to love watching any movie with Winona Ryder in it.



Glenn has made a great job on getting the small deck done off our laundry.  The boxing part to the left of this photo will eventually be a small garden.



Poor Diesel, he was so unwell late last week, which was very worrying We'd noticed a few days earlier he seemed really lethargic and snorting a lot, and then on Friday morning, he was making some loud "coughing" noises. I was able to drop him into our vets on my way to work Friday morning and after a thorough check up, Glenn was able to collect him after lunch, three lots of medication and lots of $$ later, it turns out he has an ear infection again, skin irritations and congestion. After lots of care and attention, and the medicines kicking in, this week he is a lot better and will go back to the vets on the weekend for another check up. 

See you soon x



3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great projects!
That clock is going to be so cute.
I hope Diesel feels better soon.
Marilyn

Mylene said...

A very good start on both projects. Looking forward to see more of the SAL.
Hope Diesel continues to get better.
While you are welcoming the Spring we are welcoming Autumn...windy and rainy coming days which makes the temperature continue to drop down very quickly.

Peggy said...

Hi . I was reading about your poor pup. Our dog use to get massive ear infections. It turned out that he was allergic to meat proteins. We put him on a vegetarian diet kibble and wet food from our vet and he didn’t get another ear infection. We also only gave him carrots for treats. No milk bones , peanut butter or cheese. Hope this helps

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...