Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Lots of stitching and other news

Hello friends, how quickly the days seem to be going right now. It's been quite hectic at my work and I've also been helping one of my aunts that recently moved, with packing up and then unpacking at her new house. 

Hannah has a couple of days left of the school term, then two weeks holiday break, and once she goes back for the last term of the year, she'll only be at school for a few weeks before study leave starts for end of the year exams. She's recently had her annual dancing exams, and has also had a visit to our local polytechnic, where she is going to be studying one day a week from early next year. Exciting times ahead for our girl.

Lots of stitching happening here right now too. I've been really enjoying stitching on some of my sampler projects including Oh Joyous Day by Blackbird Designs. I love the colours in this design.



More finishing is happening when I have a bit of time to get my sewing machine out. These two adorable bunny designs are from Lila Studio's Spring Parade 1 & 2 booklets, stitched on 36 count vintage mocha linen.

Strawberry car 

Carrot Car



Winter Rose Manor, which I started way back in January 2021, is nearly done. I don't know why I left the house stitching until last though!


Stitched on 36 count Wren by Picture This Plus linen with the recommended threads, WDW Conch for the house.


Part 1 of the 2024 Christmas Cuckoo Clock mystery stitch along by Tiny Modernist is finished and I'm looking forward to seeing what Part 2 will be on the 1st October.

One of my work friends recently made this pretty set of stitching accessories for me - needlebook, pumpkin pin cushion and thread catcher. I love the pink fabric.


A new start recently - I waited patiently for this chart to be released as a PDF, Beautiful Things by Primrose Cottage Stitches.  I think this design will look awesome on the front of a project bag.

I hadn't done any lunch box baking in ages so on the weekend I made a walnut, apple and carrot loaf, yum, 


Chocolate chip and banana slice, this was so tasty. 
                                                      
                  

I always love to try Whittaker's new releases and picked up these two from the supermarket recently - being a dark chocolate fan, the raspberry and strawberry would be my favourite.


I snapped a pic of these gorgeous irises in my aunty's garden the other day - I really do miss the spring bulbs at my old work place. 


This coming weekend we are catching up with some friends we haven't seen in ages, and our Daylight savings hours start on Sunday. I can't believe that October is nearly here!

See you soon x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...