Tuesday, August 06, 2024

Latest Crafty Happenings

Hello dear friends, welcome to August. I'm so happy as we're having some perfect winter days right now, a bit frosty to start - it was 0 c when I left for work this morning, and then a day of sunshine follows. It almost feels like spring is in the air, but August can get very chilly and cold. I have noticed that the mornings are getting lighter now too, when Glenn leaves for work around 7am it was pitch dark last week but this week it's noticeably lighter.

So what's on the go here over the past few weeks? My friend is due to have her baby later this month and just loved the knitting I gave her at the baby shower so I've got a couple of other little baby projects to make for her. I started this simple little blanket last week. The wool looks a bit pink in this photo but the colour is more like the second photo. 



I also started some more socks for my sister in law. This ball of Opal sock yarn was some of the first sock yarn I bought, can you see the sparkly thread running through the colours? I'm knitting Christine from Winwick Mum's basic sock pattern. 


I pulled out this stocking project on the weekend to stitch on, so enjoyable. 



Next up are three ornaments I stitched earlier in the year but only recently completely finished. All finished as flat ornaments with DMC thread handmade cording for the trims.

Mistletoe Kisses by Erica Michaels, this is Hannah's 2024 ornament.


The Prairie Schooler's 2024 Santa, I loved stitching the green stitching in this design.


From the 2023 Just Cross Stitch Ornaments magazine, a design by Karen Kirk from Fox & Rabbit.



What else do I have for today? My current reading pile, including some new books I purchased last week.  Looking forward to getting into all of these. 


See you soon xx

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great projects!
We are the opposite here in the US, it's sweltering hot!
Marilyn

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I just love your Knitting - it is so pretty. Love the Colors. I Crochet but I don't Knit though. Love all of your Stitching Projects and Finishes. They are so very pretty. Beautiful Stitching.

It is very hot here in the U.S.

Take Care & Happy Stitching
Linda K, Buttercup

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I love your Knitting - it is so pretty. Love the Colors. I love your Finishes...they are so pretty. Love your Projects.

It is Hot where I live at here in the U.S.

Take Care & Happy Stitching
Linda K, Buttercup

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...