Friday, November 26, 2021

Lots of Stitching to Share

For the past few months, I've set myself a goal of spending time at my sewing machine at least once a week, even if its just for 30 minutes. I certainly did that a few weeks ago, with face mask production in full steam - making them for us, my parents, Glenn's dad, my sister in law, Hannah's friends, my friends, I think I made about 60 in total - all different styles and fabrics! 

I've been finishing up some of my Christmas stitching projects, some stitched recently and others earlier in the year.

First up, is All the Trimmings, a free pattern offered by the Fast Quarter Shop during September.  I stitched this pretty design on chalkboard linen using the recommended DMC threads. Made into a small pillow with Lady Dot Creates trim.



A few ornaments, pattern from Spirit of Christmas by Lila's Studio for some dear friends.



This is the ornament I stitched for my friend Carol in the US. I was so happy that Carol has now received this safely since mail has been a bit hit and miss to and from New Zealand. (At the moment, we can't receive any mail from the US - so sad I can't make any pre Christmas stash purchases). 

Anyways, this is Snow Joyful by Homespun Elegance



This is the ornament I stitched for another dear stitching friend, Andrea from the UK, which has also now arrived safely.  This is Dazzlin Deer by Heart in Hand.



This is Hannah's 2021 Christmas ornament, Mouse Decorates for Christmas by the Tiny Modernist. So cute!



Merry, a free pattern offered by Heart in Hand, stitched for a work friend.



2020 Prairie Schooler Santa ready to be added to the basket


Ho Ho Ho by Trellis and Thyme, stitched for a friend's grandaughter.




Lastly for today, a new start from earlier in the month, Little Deeds Sampler by the Scarlett House.
 


I'm using most of the recommended threads and 32 count Limestone belfast linen. This is going to be a gift for one of my younger cousins, who was meant to be having her graduation ceremony from Medical School at the end of November but it has now been postponed until May 2022. We're all very proud of her. She is now working as a Junior Doctor.

Have a fun weekend, and see you soon xx


9 comments:

Kay said...

What a lot of lovely finishing, I think my favourite design is Merry. Do you sew your trimmings on or do you glue them around the edge?

Marilyn said...

All of your ornaments are so cute.
Love your new start.
Marilyn

Alison said...

Hello Katrina. What a lovely lot of stitching yumminess you have shared, you must be very pleased to have all those finishes - and to know they have safely arrived to their new owners. Well done.

Julie said...

Gosh all your stitchery work is just SO beautiful Katrina. The Joy & the Reindeer one - have you added a twisted perle thread around the outside edge? It looks like it to me so I thought I'd ask. 😊

Elizabeth said...

Wow, you (as always) have been so very productive. I always enjoy seeing what you have created and you always have such gorgeous backing fabrics and trims.
HappyStitching my friend

PAM said...

Gosh Katrina you certainly are a prolific stitcher. Your ornaments are gorgeous.
I think I need to make myself a list of projects I want to do next year.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Wow! Katrina what beautiful work you do. I am in awe! I watch a talk show host, Stephen Colbert who often highlights New Zealand on his show because he loves it so much. Keep on stitching and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

Mylene said...

Hello Katrina, you sure been busy..lots lovely stitching and all beautifully finished. Great choices of the backing fabrics too.

Jennifer said...

Such lovely stitching Katrina!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...