Friday, August 13, 2021

All the Things - August so far

Friday is here again and the weeks seem to be rolling by fast at the moment.  Dare I say it, there feels like a touch of spring in the air this week, although it was bitterly cold day on Monday. It almost snowed! As it's bit of a novelty for us, at work we were constantly looking out the window but it was mostly rain and hail. 

Today I'm going to catch up on some of the happenings around here, and good news, my stitching mojo has returned so I've been stitching like a mad woman on all my Jolly July projects. I've got so many things I want to start but I'm being restrained and really wanting to get some projects ticked off the list first.

I have a new recipe to share with you today, you can find it here:

These chocolate chip cookies are the best, and Glenn and Hannah demolish these so quick!


Hannah gave me this gorgeous orchid for Mother's Day in May 2020, and somehow I've manged to look after it and it's now flowering again! 



A very special occasion last week for my work - we were honoured to receive an award at the annual Civic and Community Awards, which was presented to us by our Mayor. It was a wonderful evening, celebrating the other award winners and all the wonderful contributions being made to our local community. You can read more about it here:



After quite a few weeks, my sewing machine is back out and I spent an enjoyable few hours sewing away while watching some of the Olympics last weekend.

My friend Wendy gave me this kit for my birthday this year and it was so much fun putting it together.




A fun delivery in the mail - 44 zips from Madam Sew! This was a great deal, less than $1 NZ each. 


Some recent shopping from my favourite shop in town, Curtis Fabrics. We are so lucky to have such a lovely local store that stocks knitting wool, fabrics, DMC threads and cross stitch fabric, and all other sorts of sewing bits and pieces.





The second kit from the Silver Needle shop club arrived recently too, it's always a good surprise to see which designer has been chosen.


This will be a fun project to stitch!


And lastly few books I've enjoyed recently:




Have you read any good books lately? 

See you soon x

8 comments:

butterfly said...

Yummy cookies , lovely new stitching goodies .
Congratulations on your award , my hubby will be giving out awards in Autumn.
Great to hear you are back to your stitching .
Here it is like Autumn already , not much like Summer .
Have a lovely weekend.

Marilyn said...

It's very hot & stormy here this week.
Congrats on your workplace for the awards.
Beautiful orchid!
I love that basket & the crow kit is awesome.
Marilyn

mylene said...

Those chocolate chips cookies are so tempting😋
I am nearly done reading one of Lucinda Riley, Hothouse flower.. love her books.. these the second i read so far...Happy week😊

Kay said...

Thank you for the recipe link, I have printed it out for my next baking session. The basket is sweet, you can never have too many lovely containers when you are a crafter. x

Anonymous said...

Just finished reading The Missing Sister. I've loved the entire series, and was so excited to know that there was going to be another book - one about Pa Salt.

Robin said...

Oh boy, I just want to jump thru the laptop and have one of those cookies. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Good job on the orchid. I have several and they look healthy enough but haven't bloomed in a couple of years. I repotted them last summer thinking that was the issue but alas, no blooms. Congrats on the award. So nice to be recognized for your efforts. Often when we are knee deep in working we wonder if anyone notices our efforts or if we are making a different. Kudos to The Paul Hunter Centre. Your little Petit Fours Basket looks darling. And we can never have too many zippers! You picked up some very cute fabrics. And yes, it is always so much fun to get stitchy stuff in the mail. Sometimes it takes so long to be shipped and arrive that you forget it is coming. I read the Rose Code. You may like Northern Spy by Flynn Berry. Happy stitching

cityquilter grace said...

a delicious post! pray tell, the name of the christmas fabrics please? good book recommendations....

Alison said...

We have the same taste in books! I love Lucinda Riley and although I have not yet got the missing sister I have read all the others in the series as well as everything else she has written. I have also recently read The Rose Code and have just picked up The Dressmaker of Dachau from one of the charity shops here in Spain, So sorry to hear about your mother - in - law, I know how difficult that must be for your family xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...