Monday, March 08, 2021

New Goodies & an early wake up

I had some lovely mail arrive at the end of last week, which was perfect timing after a very alarming start to the day. There were three earthquakes off the coast of New Zealand - the first one at 2.30 am, 7.1, was felt widely in the North Island and South Island. I thought I was dreaming at first, then realised the house was creaking and the rolling motion went on for ages. A few hours later between 7 am and 8 am there were two more earthquakes near the Kermadec Islands, 7.4 and 8.1! Land and Marine Tsunami warnings had been issued and many people in coastal NZ areas had to evacuate to higher ground.  We live about 30 minutes from the coast so were ok.  Thankfully, the alerts were lifted in the early afternoon and people could return home and to their work places. A timely reminder to have all the emergency supplies checked and ready, and a plan with family what to do in situations like this. 

In happier news, some fabric I'd ordered earlier in the week arrived, some of the Tilda Wonderland collection. I'm not sure what I'm going to make with it yet, it's so pretty.

 


Another parcel was a surprise all the way from Australia from a stitching friend. Vicki sent the loveliest project bag and accessories, all made from Tilda fabric too. 




I couldn't resist these from my local sewing shop last week. New in store, I think they will be just perfect for using on cross stitch pillows, etc, as trims. Such pretty colours too. They were $3.70 NZ each.  




See you soon x




8 comments:

butterfly said...

That must have been a shock .
We have had a few small ones but I did feel one once , it's not very nice .
Lovely new materials and gift , have fun .

Maggie said...

That must have been scary! I can remember we had one a good few years ago, it only lasted for a couple of seconds. The fabric is gorgeous, as if your gift.
Take care

Sandra said...

The chenille is lovely and I was going to ask you if you thought it might work as trimming for cross stitch, but I see you have said that it will, I have been looking for ages for something like this, so will have a look for this brand. Stay safe.

Shami Immanuel said...

Chenille yarn is lovely. Colours are pleasing. Nowadays everywhere the news are not good. But let us be positive and keep going.

Marilyn said...

Glad you are all safe from the Earthquakes/
Those are some beautiful fabrics & yarns.
Marilyn

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I hope there have been no more earthquakes. Even if you know they are a possibility it must still be a shock. You received a lovely gift and your Tilda fabric is beautiful.
I hadn't thought of using chenille wool for trimming small projects. Thanks for the idea.

Tammy said...

Oh my!Great fabric and that chenille yarn is lovely. P.S. you may want to admin your comments, there are some really awful ones showing up. Spammers!

Robin said...

Oh my,earthquakes sound so scary...and tsunami warnings too. Glad everyone is safe. The fabrics are beautiful and can’t wait to see what you do with them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...