Saturday, March 27, 2021

Harietta Bunny & a pillow finish

I have really been enjoying stitching a few Easter designs this month. At the end of February I spent a bit of time choosing some designs, finding fabrics and the threads so I could get straight into Easter stitching once March was here. Some of the charts I had already last year, some are freebies and others are new charts I've purchased as PDFs.

This little cutie was a joy to stitch, Harietta & Co by Brenda Gervais, With Thy Needle and Thread.

I used a piece of 32 count white linen from my stash that has a washed out look about it and most of the recommend threads.

 


Some dotty fabric for the back and I sewed on some of the DMC chenille trim I bought recently from my local sewing and knitting shop. The perfect match!


My "Friday Finishing" sewing sessions continue and the latest stitched piece to get some attention is Jack Frost's Tree Farm. I stitched this throughout 2020, a block a month.  The fabric was 36 count Wren fabric by Picture this Plus.


Made into a pillow with a small edging out of the backing fabric.


Thanks for stopping by - see you soon xx

5 comments:

butterfly said...

Some lovely Easter stitching .
I really love Easter.
Your Christmas pillow looks FAB .
Enjoy your weekend .

Mylene said...

I love the Easter finish and the trim fits perfectly.
Both beautiful finishes.

Happy Weekend.

Marilyn said...

Harietta is too cute,
Tree Farm looks great as a pillow, so pretty.
Marilyn

Julie said...

You create such beauty with your needle Katrina ... your cross stitches are just stunning. I especially adore the bunny one. xx

Jennifer said...

Your finishes are so great - what a good idea to work on Friday night finishes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...