Wednesday, December 16, 2020

December so far

Like most people I'm guessing, I'm still trying to figure out how it got to be December so quickly??
Hannah only has 1/2 a day left of school, I start my holiday break on Friday and Glenn starts his on the 23rd. 

The last week or so has gone by in a blur, end of the year school activities for Hannah including service assembly and prize giving, work functions for my work and Glenn's, local library Christmas evening, just to name a few! The last event for Hannah is her end of the year dancing concert which we always look forward to.


We decorated for Christmas quite early this year, and my helper was very enthusiastic, setting everything up for us.


We have also enjoyed some Christmas baking by Miss H

The annual pantomime put on by a local group was an absolute hoot this year, we laughed and laughed the whole way through.



We are very fortunate to have in our community a couple of people that simply adore Christmas and decorate their home for the public to enjoy in the weeks leading up to Christmas. Through my work, I was invited along to a special preview night and it's just amazing, the effort these lovely people go to is just incredible.




Our Christmas preparations are well underway and most of the shopping has been done, with just a few gifts now to be wrapped after spending the day out and about on Sunday in Hastings.



This year we spend Christmas Eve with my family, then Christmas Day lunch is with Glenn's family. Our summer beach holiday starts on the 30th December, for nearly two weeks we'll be able to spend with family and friends by the sea, sunshine, lots of fun and good food, I can't wait.

See you soon x

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Sounds like you are ready for Christmas.
The lights are beautiful.
Marilyn

butterfly said...

Oh I want to come over to NZ it looks like so much fun.
Have a good day.

linda said...

It all looks so lovely and festive.

Maggie said...

I think I want to come to NZ too, it's just about the only place that will be having a 'normal' Christmas this year :-)
The decorations look amazing. Have a great Christmas and holiday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...