Thursday, December 10, 2020

Catching up with the Girls

On Sunday my friend Val, Hannah and I popped up to Hastings to meet up with our stitching friends for a pre Christmas catch up and birthday celebrations, three of the ladies celebrate their birthdays this week!

We had a lovely lunch at the Serendipity Cafe, oh my, their custard slices are so divine! I so enjoy spending time with these wonderful friends, very blessed. Clare was unable to join us on Sunday so we're planning a catch up when the holidays start.

Afterwards there was time for a bit of Christmas shopping followed by a fresh berry ice cream on the way home.






I can now share a few of the stitched gifts I made for the ladies - these were all stitched over winter.

For Lisa, Naughty or Nice by Lizzie Kate


                                                    

Kath's 2020 ornament, Santa's Helper by Mosey n Me. Kath stitched this design for me many years ago and it's been on my To Stitch list for ages.


                                                 

For Wendy, I made a little ditty bag using a stitched piece by La D Da.


I also gave Kath a stitched pin/scissor cushion. This cute design is by Misty from Luminous Fibre Arts.


See you soon x

7 comments:

butterfly said...

Always good to catch up with stitching friends .
I do miss mine and can't wait to see them all next year.
Lovely gifts you made . Hope you had a wonderful time.

linda said...

It's no nice to catch up with friends especially if you can sit in a cafe and have cake, the things we used to take for granted will be all the more special when this pandemic is over. Your sewed gifts are beautiful I bet your friends were thrilled with them.

Marilyn said...

Looks like a fun time with cute presents.
Marilyn

Maggie said...

Lovely stitched gifts and a beautiful photo of you and Hannah, she is very pretty.

Our stitching group has only met up twice this year, this blasted virus has stopped everything enjoyable.

Lisa said...

Oh my! I haven’t looked at blogs in a while but you popped in my kind today so I decided to look in. I think last time I checked you had just had the baby and now she is a lovely grownup young lady. Wonderful to see you still stitching and living the good life. :)

PS I was Groggy Froggy back then. Don’t know if I’ll show up that way today.

Lisa said...

*popped in my mind!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Beautiful stitching gifts, Katrina. How lovely to be able to meet up with friends. It seems odd to read of people doing 'normal' things when we still have restrictions in place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...