Monday, April 06, 2020

Another Week & Prairie Schooler Santa Finish

Hello friends, I hope you are coping well with lock down, self isolation, quarantine or if you are still going to work as an essential worker, my heartfelt thanks to you for everything you are doing.

Another Monday has rolled around and our days seem to be blurring into one another. I've been working from home Monday to Friday for several hours, mostly my usual admin work and also, lots of time on the phone/text to my lovely coworkers, the people we support in the community and other work colleagues.  Staying connected, making sure everyone is ok and offering kind words, or help when needed.

I've had time to get a few jobs ticked off my list, starting with the kitchen, cupboards emptied, wiped out, sorted and tidied. The oven and microwave have also been cleaned. Only the pantry to go in the kitchen now.  I've also cleaned all the house and garage windows inside and out. Confession time, for many years now we've have a chap come in and clean them for us three times a year and he was due in last week, so I decided to get them done myself. Another tick on my list.

Outside jobs done have included potting up some vege seeds and also, winter vege seedlings planted into the garden. The ironing is up to date, and the house has never been cleaner, lol.  I'll share some pics in another post of what hubby has been up to, he's never idle that's for sure. Hannah has been having her dancing classes via Zoom, which she's really enjoying. The weather has been pretty good too, allowing lots of outside time in the fresh air, walks, etc.

Now for some photos:

I'm back tracking now until early March when I spent a fun afternoon with my stitching buddies. For a laugh, we got out all the project bags we had with us for show and tell - what an awesome collection.



I absolutely can't wait until we can meet up again in person and share in some stitching, yummy snacks and lots of laughs with another xx

I'll finish this post with another Prairie Schooler Santa finish, 1993.


Stitched with all the recommended colours on 32 count vintage mocha belfast.

Take care, stay safe and thank you for visiting,  until next time,

See you soon xx

5 comments:

sharine said...

Great finish and what a fun day it looked like :)

Kay said...

I really like all of those project bags together ,such an inspiring photo that it makes me want to get my sewing machine out. Many of my projects seem to be in plastic bags and folders. I have made bags for others but not myself so really do need to rectify that. x

Marilyn said...

I think working around the house is keeping a lot of minds off the virus.
Love all those bags.
Santa is gorgeous.
Marilyn

butterfly said...


Sounds much the same here .
I miss my ladies at my club too.
We have had some great weather so have been outside working in the garden.
Have fun and stay safe.

Unknown said...

Hello from the UK
The start of week 3 of lockdown for us, I have not been out of the house apart from a couple of short walks for 2 weeks now, I am working from home which has been fine and had some leave last week which was spent in my sewing room.
Just so thankful for my sewing and all the blogs and online friends to keep me occupied and feeling positive. Hope you and your family stay safe and hopeful in these difficult times. Alison

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...