Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Week 1 At Home

Strange days huh my friends?  I've been wanting to write a post here for well over a week but have either had no time or no words but this morning I'll do a little update what's been happening in our world during the Covid -19 Pandemic.

Over a week ago now, Hannah's school shut, Glenn closed up his joinery work shop and the community service I work for also closed for at least four weeks. From the 25th March, at 11.59pm, the whole of New Zealand moved into a Level 4 Lock down and we were advised to stay in our "bubble" at home. 

Now over a week later we are doing fine, filling our days with various things - some hours of working from home for me, jobs inside and out for Glenn and Hannah is keeping busy with lots of different activities. It's been quite the adjustment of having us at home, all the time.  We're just taking one day at a time.

I'm very grateful that even though we can't spend time with them at the moment, my parents live just across the road and we can wave out, chat on the phone. Same with our neighbours. Glenn's parents don't live close by but Glenn can drop off to their door any essentials they need.  We are also able to be outside and enjoy some fresh air - in our garden, sit on the deck, or go for a walk in our neighbourhood, following the social distancing guidance from the government.

Of course, there's been lots of cooked meals, baking, stitching, reading and Netflix too. I've started a new crochet blanket, which is going to be for a cousin's new baby due in mid July. 



With the uncertainty of what was going to happen, my stitching mindset hadn't really been there lately, but this week I've been able to get back into a routine - you know, Santa Sunday, Merry Monday, some Easter Stitching and also stitching on some works in progress including my stitchalong with Kath and Clare, Needle Nick by Lizzie Kate.



I've had one new chart arrive, Little House Needleworks' Kringles, just waiting on the fabric, which could arrive who knows when. With my birthday coming up soon in early April, it was going to be my Easter weekend start. But I've certainly got a lot of other projects I could chose to stitch instead.

So I'm going to try and post back here more regularly, with my stitching updates or other news.

In the meantime, take care, be safe, be kind and many happy stitches to you xx





8 comments:

Julie said...

Everything looks lovely Katrina. Yes its been an uncertain time for all of us - aren't we lucky we have our craft work we can turn to.

Vicky said...

I have had trouble getting into the stitching mindset also.

I will be working from home as of next Monday, but still have the option of going into the office if I want.

Stay safe xx

butterfly said...

It's much the same here in our lock down , took my hubby a couple of days to settle down he
likes being out meeting people , I am more a home bird so I am ok with staying in.
Your stitching is coming along and looks fab
Stay safe .

Marilyn said...

Pretty blanket, & Needle Nick is too cute.
We are quarantined here also, only can go out to the store, gas station, etc.
That doesn't bother us too much because we are retired, but it is scary that a lot of businesses are closed. Restaurants are drive up & pick up only.
Stay safe!
Marilyn

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Our lockdown sounds broadly similar to yours. Your crochet and stitching look good. Stay safe and healthy.

Robin said...

Strange times indeed. So lucky we are that we still have the internet to communicate with. I love your Lizzie Kate Needle Nick. He is a cutie. We all have to do the best we can in the coming weeks. Thankfully we have our stitching and crafty type projects to help keep up busy. Stay safe and healthy.

loulee said...

What a sweet little catch up. My neighbors have two children, 8 and 6. We see them outside when the weather is nice. I don't envy anyone with kids at this time, it will become difficult I'm sure.
Enjoy your stitching and crochet when you can.
Stay safe and stay home.

Bethan said...

I'm on the end of week 3 of WFH, and week 2 of lock-down. I had grand plans to do more stitching, but like you I haven't quite been in the right mindset. Lovely colour choices for your crochet. Hope you and your family keep safe and well x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...