Monday, November 11, 2019

Checking In

Gosh, I didn't realise that almost a whole month has passed since my last blog post - the weeks are just rolling by and now November is here, heading into the down hill run towards the end of the year.

Today I'm going to catch up on some of the happenings around here, a little bit of this and that, and then maybe get back into a regular blogging schedule. I do have a lot of stitching and sewing I can't share just yet, but all will be revealed over the next few weeks!

Back in October, Glenn and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary.  We were married on the 22nd October 2005 at Ahuriri, Napier, beside the sea.



We're not so good at family selfies, lol. 


To celebrate we enjoyed a meal out at one of our local restaurants.


Late in October we had a four day weekend due to public holidays both Friday and Monday, for Hawkes Bay anniversary and Labour Day.  For the first time in many years, we didn't have any plans or family staying, so we used the four days to get lots of jobs ticked off our list. 

One of the bigger jobs was to create a new garden, which is beside our driveway. I don't know why we chose the hottest day of the weekend to go out and buy the plants from a local nursery and get them planted! 




This area will have some compost put on soon and bark down once the plants have grown a bit.

Glenn bought me a new rose for the garden, which I planted too. This is Margaret Merrill, and it smells divine.


Another new rose in my garden this year is Freesia, I had this in the back garden many years ago, but had to give it away as the garden was taken out to make way for our swimming pool.


My absolute favourite rose is Blackberry Nip, and this is out now too, so pretty.


Hannah enjoyed Halloween night this year - trick or treating with her big cousin Zoe and a couple of friends, a visit to a local carnival and then her school disco. Some of the kids had some really cool costumes on.


Hannah also recently received her Dancing exam results back and we are so thrilled and proud, two Distinction *'s (the highest grade) and two Distinctions, she was pretty happy!


Last Saturday Hannah and I went out with my parents for the day to a Garden Expo, something we do every year.  Hannah was first in line for the face painting:




I think I'll finish there for now and I'll be back soon with some stitching finishes (the ones I can share!)

See you soon x

4 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Katrina lovely post,i love your garden and your roses are so pretty.
Well done to Hannah on her wonderful achievements and she looks very scary dressed up for Halloween.
Congrats to you and Glenn ,we were married in Oct to but 45 years ago,,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

Marilyn said...

Congrats on your Anniversary.
Looks like you've been busy.
Congrats to Hannah on her dance achievements.
Beautiful Roses!
Marilyn

Maggie said...

Happy anniversary! and well done to Hannah on passing her dancing exams :-)
It's nice to see a bit of sunshine in your post, it's so wet and miserable here in the UK at the moment.
have a good week

butterfly said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary .
I love that Pink rose I must see if we sell it in the UK this Spring .
Congrats to Hannah too.
I am also playing catch up with this month .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...