Monday, September 02, 2019

August Reads

And just like that, it's the start of September, also the beginning of spring time for us. The weather was just perfect over the weekend for the first few days of spring. It was Father's Day here in NZ yesterday, so we headed out for the day to enjoy the sunshine and to take Glenn out for lunch.

Last month's books were all from my favourite authors:

A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult had been sitting on my bedside cabinet since earlier the year. It's been quite a few years since I've read a book by Jodi Picoult and I found this very thought provoking. 


Past Tense by Lee Child is #23 in the Jack Reacher series.  Glenn has also read this recently and we both agreed this was another highly enjoyable adventure.


Redemption by David Baldacci is #5 in the Amos Decker series. In this story, Amos Decker is back in his home town and revisits his first homicide case. I just love this Memory Man series. 


Dead at First by Peter James is the 15th book in the Roy Grace series. This story sees Roy Grace investigate internet dating fraud, where men and women around the world have been duped out of their life savings, never to be seen again. I just hope I don't have to wait too long for the next installment in this series :)


So that's what I read during August.  What have you been reading lately? I'd love to hear :)

See you soon xx

1 comment:

Kay said...

I have been rereading some old favourites and can highly recommend them. Daughter by Jane Shemilt, and Eve Green by Susan Fletcher. They both involve missing people but are extremely different.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...