Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Knit August Nights

On Sunday morning, with a couple of friends, we headed up to East Pier at Ahuriri, Napier, for the annual Knit August Nights (KAN) market. The retreat actually runs for a couple of days for registered attendees but the Sunday market is open to the public. 

I'd been so looking forward to going along, and once again, it didn't disappoint, I was in knitters heaven!!  It was a lovely day in Napier too - the venue for KAN couldn't be more perfect, right beside the sea.


We found the market very busy this year, KAN was celebrating 10 years, and there were people jammed packed into the whole place. As always, the yarns, accessories, etc were amazing, so much to see!

There were several new stall holders this year and all my favourite NZ dyers and knitwear designers back again to see and have chats with.

So this was my haul!!


Some pretty dishcloth cotton and a pencil from Holland Road Yarn Company:


Sweet Sweet Manuka, a merino by Prosper Yarn from Loopine Wool Co


These fun faux fur pom poms were from Nana Cindy NZ



Some 2019 souvenirs, including this fab calendar supporting the Yarny Army, a group of Hawkes Bay knitters providing warm knitted garments for those that need them :


Gorgeous yarn from Catrien of Yarnflozzy


A new pattern from Libby of Truly Myrtle Designs


And lastly, I was so pleased to see Union Fibre's stall so added these two squishy skeins to my shopping.



We could have spent hours browsing around, and spending a lot more too!  I'll have to start a KAN 2020 saving fund as I'd really like to attend the whole weekend next year.  It's well worth a visit if you get the chance.

See you soon xx

3 comments:

butterfly said...

Wow beautiful wool ,I wish I had more time to do every hobby I have .
But I am trying to do a little of every thing this year.
Happy Knitting.

Marilyn said...

Looks like a fun time.
You bought some beautiful yarns,, can't wait to see what you knit.
Marilyn

Bethan said...

Looks like a fantastic haul - I can't wait to see what you make x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...