Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Stitch Maynia 2019 Wrap Up & other news

This past weekend was a three day weekend for us as it was a public holiday on Monday, Queen's Birthday. We had visitors Saturday night, my cousin Donna and her boyfriend Jess came to stay. They haven't been over from Palmerston North to stay with us since September last year, and we'd only seen them at the beach during summer, so it was good to have a catch up and enjoy a meal out at our local Indian restaurant. 

The weather here finally took a turn towards winter this weekend too. We'd been so lucky this autumn, it's been a very mild autumn here.  We woke up Sunday morning to see snow on the ranges to the west of town, giving a real icy chill to the air.  Perfect stitching weather and that's what I did Monday afternoon, sorting out some of the projects I'd started during May for Stitchmaynia 2019 while catching up on some Netflix.

My tally of new starts ended up being 9 new projects, including this last one - Blessed Bee by Brenda Gervais. 


I did take some stitching with me to Australia but only managed one or two hours on the project I had with me, Santa's List by Country Cottage Needleworks.


I've set up bit of a stitching/crochet/knitting plan for June, where I'll try and get some of the Maynia projects finished.


Crochet - I have my Cosy stripe blanket to work on and would really like to have this finished by mid August to give to my Mum for her birthday.

Knitting - Hannah's socks, the baby blanket for my cousin's new baby, and I've started a Rewilding Shawl which is going to be a gift too.

Almost forgot, I have several red work stitchery patterns traced and ready to go to, these will be Christmas gifts.

Nothing like a bit of variety! 

See you soon xx


3 comments:

MartinaM said...

So many nice projects, just great

butterfly said...

Looks like you will be so busy with all your lovely projects .

Marilyn said...

All great projects.
You are busy!
Marilyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...