Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Sydney 2019 Trip Part 1

On Monday night I got back from my trip to Sydney, Australia. I went with a small group from my work and we had a fantastic time!

We left a very crisp but sunny morning in Napier and flew to Auckland before our mid afternoon flight to Sydney.


This was my second visit to Sydney, the last time I went was back in mid 2014, and this time we were based in Darling Harbour, our accommodation was the Adina Apartments, very central to everywhere we wanted to go.

We arrived at our accommodation in the early evening so headed out straight away for a walk to take in the lights.



It was a lovely sunny and warm day on Thursday so we ventured out to book a Hop on Hop off ferry pass  to take in some of the sights, the Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House,  and also take a trip across the Harbour to Taronga Zoo.










Once you hop off the ferry at the Zoo stop, you then take a cable car to the top of the hill, and the views looking back towards the city are amazing.

We really enjoyed our visit to the Zoo and spent quite a few hours wondering around.











After dinner, we walked around the Harbourside shopping centre and then stopped by the Lindt Chocolate Cafe. We visited here several times during our stay.






I'll be back tomorrow with some more highlights from my trip.

See you soon x

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

What beautiful pics.
The Zoo looks amazing, and gotta love that bandshell!
Marilyn

butterfly said...

Great photos , looks like you had a fun time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...