Thursday, May 03, 2018

From the Weekend

At long last I've finished the two pairs of socks I've had on the go since the star of the year - photos to come. I found some yarn in my stash to start another pair, Drippity Drop Socks by Kay F Jones on the weekend.


This skein of yarn is by Knitcola, and is a NZ merino 4 ply.

I've had this little bag pattern printed off for ages and decided to have a go at making it using some of the fabric I bought back in March.


It turned out smaller than I had thought it would but the construction was pretty straight forward so I think I'll have a go another time and enlarge the measurements for the fabrics. I'd also probably use some flusible fleece to make the sides a bit more stiffer.


A wet day on Sunday saw me in the kitchen, getting some back to school baking done for the week's lunches and to go into the freezer. We also enjoyed our first lot of homemade vegetable and bacon soup for autumn, delicious.

I made Fiona's banana and chocolate muffins, recipe is here:

I also made an apple and chocolate chip cake for dessert, and a simple feijoa cake.

I had a book voucher left from Christmas so I recently purchased the latest Nicky Pellegrino book:


Nicky Pellegrino is a New Zealand author and has been a favourite of mine for many years. This book was a great read, there are lovely recipes in it too.

See you soon xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...