Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Gifts for Friends

This week I've been catching up on some blog maintenance and uploading late 2017 finishes to my Flickr account. I spotted that I have completely forgotten to publish a couple of draft posts with some of my secret Christmas stitching!

Many of these projects were stitched throughout 2017 and then finished off to be ready for gifting at Christmas.

For my friend Elizabeth in Auckland, I made a drawstring pouch. The design is Honeybee Sampling by Little House Needleworks, stitched with recommended threads on 32ct mocha belfast linen.




For Kath's early December birthday, I made this large pouch bag, which can be used for a stitching or knitting project. I finished this design way back in January 2017. This is With Thy Needle's Heaven & Nature Sing.


Another stitched gift for Kath, was this little pillow. The design is by Abbey Rose Designs, Do More of What Makes You Happy.



And lastly, using another Little House Needleworks design, Rosey, I made a zippered project bag for Clare.


See you soon xx

15 comments:

shirley flavell said...

These are fabulous Katrina. Love the crosstitch and the beautiful bags you made.Have you been sock knitting or is it too hot. I have just completed a Christmas Eve cast on, it was a lot of fun to do.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina,wow my friend you make the most amazing gifts,your work is so beautiful,thankyou for sharing my friend xx

gracie said...

What fantastic bags....

Julie said...

What lovely gifts, love that fringing on the pillow too.

LaNelle said...

Spectacular stitching and gorgeous bags what gifts to be treasured♥️ Thanks for sharing ...

Kay said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing. I hav eto admit to nearly always finishing as a small cushion but the pouches are extra useful. I will be looking out for the bee chart too. x

Justine said...

What gorgeous gifts for your friends! The little bag and pouches are useful, and the pillow is so pretty.

Marilyn said...

What great gifts!
Lucky recipients!
I know they were thrilled to get them.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Oh Katrina! Such marvelous gifts you have made and given. :)

Clara said...

Wowwww!!!! Such beautiful handmade!!!!

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...

These are all really super cute

Jennifer said...

Those are some really awesome gifts!

Meg said...

These are beautiful gifts, Katrina. Handmade things to treasure! Meg:)

Unknown said...


Wow!!Such a beautiful handmade!..
http://grsshoes.com

Anaya Tyagi said...

Very nice..this is very helpful information about gifts for special friends, thanks for sharing keep it up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...