Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Knit August Nights

On Sunday morning, with my friends Janet and Elsie, we headed up to Napier for the annual Knit August Nights, a retreat weekend for knitters. We didn't register for any classes but instead checked out the market, which is open to the public.

I've been so looking forward to going along to this market, and once again, I was in absolute knitters heaven I can tell you! It was actually quite overwhelming, people everywhere and so much gorgeous, gorgeous yarn and other accessories.


The weekend was held at East Pier, at Ahuriri, one of my favourite spots in Napier.


And my acquisitions? Well, I was quite restrained this time ha ha.  I was really excited to get a ball of Straycat sock yarn and one of the little bags, as apparently the stock had sold like hotcakes and there wasn't much left on the table.

I also picked up a gorgeous skein from Bleating Art Yarns. Based in Napier, Alice and her Mum's yarns are just divine. I'd remembered to take along the socks I'd knitted from the limited colour way available at last year's market, Inky's Empty Tank, to show Alice and she was so pleased to see how they had turned out.

                  

I couldn't resist the set of cool knitting markers. They will come in very handy when I attempt my first shawl! I just loved this New Jeans colour way from Catrien at Yarn Floozy from Auckland, and then I had a lovely chat with Libby from Truly Myrtle. She recommended her Settler pattern so I can't wait to get this underway sometime soon.

We could have spent hours browsing, and spending more of course, so it will be a definite visit there again next year. I'd better start a Knit August Nights fund!!

After picking up a coffee from Starbucks, we had a quick look at some of shops in the Napier CBD before heading to our next destination, the Silky Oak Chocolate Company, which is just on the outskirts of Taradale.


Lots of delicious looking food to be tempted by, in the end I went with a hash brown, kumara mash and bacon stack, yummo!


After lunch we had a lookie in the gift shop and the chocolate shop, and as I had a voucher to spend, I couldn't leave without picking up a few treats to take home.


The passion fruit vinaigrette is so tasty, it will become a favourite for our salads over the summer I think.

See you soon x

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great knitting stash, and the food looks delicious!
Marilyn

Elizabeth said...

You were well restrained Katrina. John and I remember visiting and of course shopping at The Silky Oak Chocolate Oak Comoany on our holiday last year. Your kunch looks soooo yummmmmmy

shirley flavell said...

Oh envy re KAN shopping I looked at doing a workshop but it had all sold out. Did think about the market but with the journey to get there and possibly no accommodation available gave it a miss. Perhaps get in earlier next year, I would like to give it a go.I have bought yarn from Yarnfloozy , it's beautiful and she dyed it gorgeous colours that I asked for.I want to make Libby Johnsons "Joss"shawl.Loved your redwork on your previous blog entry, it looks great.Have a good week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...