Thursday, July 20, 2017

All Sorts of Things #3

Time for a catch up post this morning:

my latest stitching project - The Light Upon the Lawn, which is No.2 in the latest Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers series.


Some new charts, fabric and threads arrived recently - can't wait to start the little mice!


More socks underway, these are for my SIL Jude. The pattern is the Sugar Frost Socks by Marianne Heikkinen (vanillawool on Instagram). This is the first time I've used the Head over Heels yarn by Stylecraft and it's lovely to knit with.


This winter so far has been so cold, cold, cold, wet and frosty - many a morning I arrive at work and its only 0-1 c degrees.This was the view just down street one day last week. 


I've found a new favourite biscuit recipe - Oatmeal, raisin and orange cookies by Jenny from Elefantz. Do try them, they are absolutely delicious! The recipe can be found on this post.


Last Sunday afternoon Hannah and I went out with Jude and my nieces Alice and Sally to see a local production of the Sound of Music. We all thoroughly enjoyed it and what a nice treat for the school holidays.


Over the past few weeks, Glenn and I have been carrying out some DIY around home. We have stripped the old hallway wallpaper and dining room too, and my Dad has been in to do some painting for us. Glenn is also giving all the hallway doors a fresh coat of paint and we're going to upgrade the handles. New wallpaper has *almost* been decided on ha ha, and we'll also get some new lighting fixtures.


I've been meaning to share some news from our sock knitting afternoons - both Kath and Janet finished their first socks recently - yay, I was so pleased for them.

This group has been so much fun over the past few months - lots of laughs and giggles that's for sure!

See you soon xx

11 comments:

Babs said...

Beautiful stitching on that blackbird designs :)

Elizabeth said...

Wow, your house is going be like a new one again Katrina. Love the socks the "girl's" are making

RJ said...

What a great post! Love all your new choices in cross stitch charts. And the socks the girls are making are adorable. RJ @ stitching friends forever

Brigitte said...

These new Blackbird designs are very tempting. I still have so many that I haven't stitched yet but maybe I "need" these new ones. too, lol.

Marilyn said...

Light is so pretty on that fabric.
Great stash choices!
Love the color of the sock yarn
Thanks for the cookie link.
Marilyn

Mary said...

I love the BD Light upon the lawn, it's a beautiful pattern and I love the colors and theme, this one is added to my ever growing wish list.

Your photo is magical and I'd love to trade you our summer for your winter weather!

Big job on the hall and all three socks are so nice...nothing like homemade socks to wear and love the colors.

I want to reach in and steal one of those cookies!! You have certainly been busy. Mary

Vickie said...

The Light Upon The Lawn is truly a beautiful pattern. Such cute ones you have lined up to stitch next.

Sally said...

Your BBD piece is coming along beautifully. Lovely new stash too.

I wish we had your weather here! I shouldn't say it really but it's been way too hot for me!

Lovely socks.

Andrea said...

Love the BBD piece ... and the new stash. Those biscuits look delicious. Wonderful socks too, looks like you might need them with your weather.

Maggee said...

I think your BBD stitching is the only one I have seen of those LF Bird ones... and they look wonderful! Plus--your new socks are very pretty. Such a pretty design! Any house remodeling is stressful, so breathe deeply and you will get through it! Hugs!

Bethan said...

Looks like a very busy time! Sound of Music is always a good viewing choice! Hope the wallpaper for your hallway has been successfully chosen! Fantastic socks - to both you and the ladies in your group x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...