Friday, January 13, 2017

Two Finishes from 2016


Later today we are heading off on the second part of our summer holiday, a few days away with my parents, niece Zoe and my cousin Donna and her boyfriend at one of the local beaches. It's my lovely Dad's 65th birthday today so there will be celebrations tonight with a nice dinner, a few glasses of bubbles and of course, birthday cake. I've packed plenty of books, magazines, some stitching and knitting as there's no TV or internet, so its going to be a very relaxing and chilled out few days. If it stays hot like it has been this week then most of the days will be spent on the beach, swimming and exploring the rock pools.

I've spent a bit of time this week sorting through some patterns, threads, etc trying to make a plan for the next few months with my stitching projects and other crafts. Stitching wise, as much as I'd like to get on with some new projects I do have a few that need to be finished from last year, the Lizzie Kate Jingles, and one that has been on the go for a few years now, Yuletide Welcome by Plum Street Samplers. 2017 Christmas ornaments will be started in February.  

For my knitting plans, I have a pair of socks on the go from the end of last year, these are to be a birthday gift in early February. Due to a bit of a splurge from the Wool Warehouse in the UK, I have several skeins of lovely sock yarn that I'm intending to knit up this year. I also purchased another one of Lucy Attic 24's colour packs to make myself a crochet blanket, will probably start this at the beginning of our autumn, and some more Stylecraft yarn to make a crochet blanket for a friend's new baby.

As I was putting away some threads and patterns from last year's stitching I realised that I hadn't shared a pic of this Lizzie Kate I stitched back in October.



I'm planning to make this into a project bag of some sort.

Another recent finish, just before the end of 2016, was this lovely stitch by Country Cottage Needleworks.


I loved stitching this cute design - this will probably be make into a little Christmas pillow.

See you soon x

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Have a great time at the beach Katrina. Hooe the weather play its part. So very changeable here in Auckland today. Both your projects are gorgeous.

local alien said...

Hope you have good weather and a wonderful family gathering.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

They are so cute - lovely!

Marilyn said...

Cute finishes.
Sounds like you have some nice projects lined up for 2017.
You will be busy!
Marilyn

Unknown said...

I really like your stitching projects. These ones are very pretty. I'm going to use linen for the first time for a cross stitch project. I've only ever used aida before. I hope it's not as tricky as I think it will be!
Enjoy your family holiday and I hope you have a great time celebrating your dad's birthday. x

Vickie said...

Have a great time! Happy Birthday to your father! :D The LK finish is sweet. Every time I see Merry Christmas My Deer I just smile!!

Julie said...

Your gratitude stitchery is lovely, I'd frame that and put it in my kitchen as a reminder for my kids. Enjoy your holiday away,and your Dad's birthday celebrations.

Maggee said...

It is SO nice that you spend time together as a family every year on vacation, and also that you include extended family! Plus, you share it with us on your blog!! LOVE the Gratitude piece... gotta hunt it down! I already have the Merry Christmas one on a list... :) Happy Birthday to your Dad! I bet he will love spending it with family... sounds like that is what you do! Hugs!

Justine said...

Two gorgeous finishes! Hope you have a lovely weekend. No TV or Internet sounds wonderful!

Andrea said...

Hope you all have a good time at the beach. Love the latest stitching finishes.

Jennifer said...

Lovely stitching - hope you have a lovely trip with family.

Carin said...

Two wonderful finishings, love them !!

Karoline said...

Both finishes are very cute

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...