Thursday, October 23, 2014

Looking forward to the long weekend

In a few hours is the start of a long weekend for us, public holidays both Friday and Monday.  It's the perfect time of the year to have a few days off work, fingers crossed for a bit of nice weather, and all our plans consist of this Labour weekend are just being at home - yay!  Of course Glenn and I have a list a mile long of things to do, mostly giving the gardens a good going over, and getting all those seedlings planted.  I'm also hoping to hit my office/craft room and carry on with the major sorting out that's being happening in there lately :) 

The Just Cross Stitch ornaments magazine arrived earlier in the week from Down Sunshine Lane, I love getting this every year, and I've already spotted a few favourites in there.



I picked up a few goodies from my local sewing shop recently in readiness for some gift making



This little bundle of off cuts also came home with me


And a few snaps of Miss Hannah - this kid is having bit of a growth spurt at the moment!




Spring in all its prettiness around our house



Isn't the pom pom (snowball) tree looking gorgeous, I love the lime colour just before the pom poms turn white


Yesterday it was our ninth wedding anniversary - how did that happen! We celebrated last night with family, enjoyed a wonderful meal all together, and dessert consisted of pavlova, yum!



As always, thank you for the lovely comments. See you soon x

14 comments:

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

Enjoy your 'staycation'. We're not going away either, but you seem to get an extra day over us. I"m sure you'll fit in some quality stitching time. Have fun.

Thoeria said...

Miss Hannah is looking delightful as always! Isn't it just amazing how you wake up one morning and they seem to have grown a few centimetres overnight and they need new shoes because what they wore yesterday no longer fits?!
Have a great long weekend!! Sounds like heaven indeed! No holidays until December here :(
Happy Anniversary ....May you have many many more happy loving years together!

Kay said...

Congrats on your anniversary. Fabric shopping is always fun, and there is nothing like a new cross stitch magazine to make a girl happy. x

Elizabeth said...

I love your fabrics, especially the red ones. I received my Christmas cross stitch magazine the other day too, there are some lovely projects - too many. I think with all the nice Christmas patterns I've got I could be working on Christmas projects all year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Love your wedding gown

Steph said...

Enjoy your weekend. Here's to hoping you manage lots whilst relaxing too. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, time does fly doesn't it ;) Looking forward to seeing some of those designs come to life, they do look pretty good. xxx

Anna van Schurman said...

Oh my goodness! I remember when you got married. I remember reading BEFORE you got married! Congratulations. Great fabrics!

Maggee said...

Happy Anniversary! Miss Hannah is surely growing lots! She is beautiful! Hope you get the seedlings planted this long weekend, so we in the U.S. can drool over your garden in a month or so, when we are in freezing temps! Ha!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Your goodies are so sweet:-)
Congratulations on the anniversary !!!
Your jar is beautiful and the autumn is with us:-)

Julie said...

Happy anniversary. Have a fabulous crafty weekend, looks like you should.

AliceKiss said...

С юбилеем! Это потрясающе!

Andrea said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. Enjoy the long weekend.

Wendy said...

Lots of lovely purchases and your garden looks beautiful. Congratulations on your anniversary!!

stitcherw said...

I love the ornament issue, so many wonderful designs to look at all in one place. I've gotten it for the last several years so have a lovely collection of "want to do's" built up. Fun stash you got, will enjoying seeing what all you make with it. Enjoy your time off, sounds like you're going to be busy. Oh, and Happy Belated Anniversary, the time sure does fly doesn't it.
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...