Thursday, October 02, 2014

End of Winter Reading

As usual over the winter months, I managed to get through several books and these are some of the ones I've enjoyed lately.

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, which I really liked. It was a great read and I'll be looking for some more books by this author to read over the summer months.


When the Cypress Whispers by Yvette Manessis Corporon.  This novel is about Daphne, the daughter of Greek immigrants, who is returning to the Greek island of Erikousa to be married.  I enjoyed this book too, a sweet love story, with descriptions of Greek Island life and food.



The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert is set in the 18th and 19th centuries. Alma Whittaker is born into a family that have made their fortune in botany.  It did take me awhile to get through this one but I ended up loving the story.


The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling), a crime mystery - I took this book to Sydney with me knowing that I'd get plenty of reading time during the flights and it didn't disappoint. Looking forward to the next in this series now, the Silkworm.


So what am I reading this week  - Dark Places by Gillian Flynn on my kindle.


From the library, a new to me author, Kate Atkinson's Case Histories featuring private investigator Jackson Brodie. So far so good.



My FIL gave me his copy of the Silkworm so that's been added to the reading pile.



I've been patiently waiting for this one at our local library, the latest from a series I loved reading last year.


What have you read lately or looking forward to starting soon?

4 comments:

laceystitcher said...

Thanks for the book suggestions; I am going to check on them at my local library. I just can't get away from actually having the book in my hands, not electronically; just love it. Thanks again.

Pam in KS

stitcherw said...

Cuckoos Calling has been been on my list to read for a while. I loved the HP series, and am interested to see how she does in this new one. Hope you enjoy Silkworm as much. I just finished Janet Evanovich's new one 21 something (forget the exact title), I love her Stephanie Plum character, her and Lulu always make me laugh! Sue

Maggie said...

I've got Dark Places to read on
My kindle too, loved both Gone Girl and Sharp Objects by GF. I haven't see that LM book, I shall look out for that one, Have you read The Husbands Secret?.
Always on the look out for good reads so thanks for the recommendations :-)

Julie said...

Liane Moriarty's books are all a great read. I have just finished reading Gardening Women: Their Stories from 1600 to the Present by Catherine Horwood. I found it really interesting, lots of historical anecdotes and fascinating information.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...