Friday, August 01, 2014

This Week

I'm back to my Wednesday night stitchery projects, and at the moment I'm stitching this lovely design by Gail Pan. I'm using DMC 221 thread.


A few recent ornament finishes - designs by Homespun Elegeance, Pineberry Lane and Little House Needleworks


Earlier in the week I went along to support my brother at a medical assessment and we had a bit of time to fill in before hand at one of my favourite places, Ahuriri in Napier.







It was a gorgeous day, more like a spring day.

Whittaker's has a new chocolate bar out, and hundreds and thousands biscuits have always been Hannah's favourites.  She thought this was very cool!


Another set of threads have arrived from the Cottage Garden Thread club - this stitchery is so cute!



Now for some house stuff - our kitchen glass splash back arrived and Glenn put it up recently, we think it looks great.


A little more work has been done on our extension and we got the "expert" in recently for some undercoating, my Dad, who can whip around and get painting done in no time, being a professional painter!


It's great to see a bit more progress being made in there. Soon we'll be having the plasterer come in and then maybe it might time for some wallpapering.

Have a lovely weekend x

11 comments:

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

What lovely photos of Napier - especially those with the snow in the background. Your stitching is lovely too.

Elizabeth said...

Gail Pan us one of my favourite stitchery designers. The beach looks so nice. Aren't cottage Garden threads so yummy.

Thoeria said...

Hope that your brother's assesment went well :) The kitchen is looking great! Dads' are definitely the "experts" when it comes to that kind of stuff :) I'm intrigued by that chocolate....what was Hannah's review on it after she's had some?

Poppypatchwork said...

Stunning photo's thank you for sharing them. Your kitchen will be worth the time spent on it, I can see your grin already.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love your embroidery....I've been thinking about doing one myself...as I always love to see yours.
And I adore all your little ornaments!
Your home is coming together brilliantly! And I love that photo of your father :) Makes me smile...it did on Instagram and it still does here!

stitchersanon said...

Ooo I do love the sea...lovely photos. The stitching is gorgeous xx

stitchersanon said...

Ooo I do love the sea...lovely photos. The stitching is gorgeous xx

Unknown said...

Love the festive stitching! Your photos of the beach are stunning, and I do love the look of that new floss! Chrissie x

Maggee said...

This time I was more impressed with Napier! I love beach pictures, and those are super fine! Your kitchen is going to be a shining star in your house! Hugs!

Lyn said...

That is a lovely pattern of Gail's..I just love her designs..fabulous photos of the sea..Whittakers have been making some interesting chocolate flavours and that one is popular..hard to find in some places I heard

Andrea said...

Beautiful photos of Napier. Lovely stitching too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...