Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter Crafting

For the past few years Kath and I have exchanged a little stitched gift at Easter time. Sometimes it takes me ages to decide on a design, other times I have it worked out straight away. This year I chose a pattern by Homespun Elegance:




Sampler Bunny by Homespun Elegance
stitched with recommended threads, unknown fabric


This is what I received from Kath - love the pink and the spots!  A chocolate bunny, nom nom!!


Next up is the spoolie bunny I made for Hannah's Easter basket - I bought this little kit back in February from the craft show.  This is by Cameron-James Designs.


I knitted some hand warmers to go with our nieces' Easter eggs - Hannah helped to pick out the colours for the girls.


This little Lizzie Kate pillow went into my little basket of Easter smalls.


"Chicks" - Lizzie Kate kit
used recommended threads and fabric from kit


One of my friends recently went to Melbourne for the Australian Quilt Convention and bought back a few goodies for me including the pattern and fabric to make up this bunny.



Quick Easter Bunny by Rosalie Quinlan

I'll definately be making some more of these cuties!


17 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You have been busy. Adore the easter sampler you made for Kath. I am going to see if I can buy the pattern. I am amazed at the amount of stitching you manage to fit into your life.

Elizabeth said...

I am over stripping wall paper. Only done a little section of passage this morning. I just want to sit and stitch. We are going o a nautical themed party and I am making anchor brooches from felt, am enjoying making them and last week I made red felt poppy brooches for friends, they were a great hit.

Unknown said...

I love my bunny Katrina, it really is beautiful. The backing fabric looks like little pale blue eggs, perfect for this piece.

Of course, I love all the other things you have made too. Very cool.

Cindy's Stitching said...

what nice easter pieces. all so pretty.

Thoeria said...

They're all so cute and lovely!! That little bunny for Hannah and the last one....adorable!!!

Marilyn said...

Everything is so cute!
Marilyn

LaNelle said...

Oh such pretty Easter pieces, you have been busy! Such talent you have and all so nicely finished.

Vickie said...

What an adorable post. :)

Carol said...

Such cute Easter finishes, Katrina--I will definitely be adding that HE bunny to my 'must-stitch' list :)

I'm sure Hannah loved that adorable spool bunny, too--how cute!

Andrea said...

Love all of the different bunnies. What a coincidence that you and Kath both used the pom-pom trim! Both are beautiful.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a wonderful exchange and a nice tradition with a friend!

Mylene said...

Such lovely easter pieces and i so love how they are finished. Oh so wish my stitching mojo gets back but i am too busy with lots of other things to sit down and stitch...

Linda said...

Beautiful collection here.

Melissa said...

Such sweet goodies on both ends! Seems that you both chose similar trims! Great minds think alike ;)

Melissa said...

Such sweet goodies on both ends! Seems that you both chose similar trims! Great minds think alike ;)

Catherine said...

A great bunch of goodies!

Maggee said...

You get a LOT done, and still have a busy life with your family... Love the Spool bunny! And your Easter gift--yummy! So many different craft types! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...