Wednesday, August 21, 2013

New work project

Hello there
I'm sure I've probably mentioned this before that the three ladies I work with are all very crafty and always have lots of different crafts on the go - knitting, crocheting, sewing, embroidery, etc. Part of their job description is to teach our clients art and craft techniques (we work with adults with disabilities) so they are always trying out new things, you name it they've probably had a go :)

Over the years I've picked up lots of ideas from them, been enabled quite a lot, lol, been taught how to crochet, and we've done a lot of different projects together, especially Christmas crafts. One of the ladies recently finished this gorgeous project basket and as I've had the pattern for quite some time, I just had to start making one too.



It might take awhile, lol, as I'm working on it once or twice a week during my lunch breaks.

Spring must be on its way as I noticed this pretty daffodil in the work garden yesterday.


Right by the front door is this gorgeous daphne, one of my favourite scents.


Our work garden is filled to the brim with lots of spring bulbs so I can't wait until they start making an appearance soon, especially the freesias, another favourite.

See you soon x

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous project ,think i might have to get this pattern and cant wait to see yours finished Katrina.xx

Anna van Schurman said...

I always get so sad when you southern hemisphere girls start showing the daffodils. It can only mean that snow is coming. :( But Spring for you! Yay!

Vicky said...

Seeing the Daphne just made my heart lurch, it reminds me so much of my nana, I so wish I could find some here in Perth to grow.

Maggee said...

Freesias are so fragrant! We are heading to fall! Love the colors of everything during this time! Look forward to seeing your basket finish! Hugs!

Wendy said...

The basket liner is a gorgeous pattern, it has felt like spring here too, until today!!

Chris said...

Love that project. So nice that you work with people that share an interest.
lovely flowers.

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your basket pattern is beautiful and I look forward to watching it grow.
Beautiful flowers, I love the smell of Daphne.

Vickie said...

Your place of work sounds great!

Grit said...

That project looks fantastic

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your new project is going to be gorgeous!

Karoline said...

Your new project is gorgeous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...