Monday, November 05, 2012

More Redwork

Happy Monday my friends

There's been a little bit more red work stitching going on here lately. This time I'm stitching on some blocks which are going to be turned into a small wall hanging to have as a part of a Christmas raffle for the community service  I work for.


Some of the ladies at work and myself have stitched the blocks between us. The pattern we've used is called Twelve Days of Christmas and I think it's from a Australian Handmade magazine from 2005. The original design was for a felt work wall hanging.

I hope the weekend went well for you. We had a very enjoyable weekend. On Friday night Glenn and I went along to the annual local sports awards, our business sponsors one of the categories. This year the guest speaker was the fantastic Gold winning Olympic athlete Valerie Adams, oh my, I didn't realise how tall she was. She was a very entertaining speaker, and the crowd, about 480 people, were treated to a wonderful evening.

Then on Saturday my Dad spent the day wall papering Hannah's new bedroom - it's looking wonderful.  Glenn and I have decided to have new curtain railings put up, not only in Hannah's room but the other three bedrooms too so we've organised for a local business to come and measure them all up this week sometime.  So once the carpet has been cleaned we can move all of Hannah's bedroom furniture over :)

Have a wonderful day x

2 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds like a fun productive weekend.
The redwork looks great.

♥ Nia said...

Sounds like you had a good time this weekend :) I hope your week will continue the same way! Have a great one sweetie!!
hugs&smiles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...