Tuesday, October 30, 2012

This weekend


Hi friends, here's a few snaps from the weekend:

My lovely Dad has started the painting in our spare room which is going to become Hannah's new bedroom.



Next weekend he will do the wallpapering for us - he's a painter/decorator by trade, how handy is that :) Then hopefully the following weekend we'll be able to move all Hannah's bedroom furniture over. More progress pics to come soon!

With some friends we went along to a spring fair on Sunday and Hannah had her first pony ride. She couldn't get on the pony fast enough! You might be able to just make out the beach line in the background of this photo. This particular fair is held in the grounds of a old homestead, situated out on the coast about a 40 minute drive from town. It's a beautiful spot to walk around, browsing the stalls and finding things to see and do. I even bought a couple of small Christmas gifts.


I also found some spots on the deck around the house for the new pots of colour Hannah and I had planted up earlier in the month. This is called Colourwave Sunbells Fruit salad petunia


this one is Bananas


and this is a new petunia called Bumblebee.


Sunday night we had our first barbeque of the summer season and to go along with it, we had our some freshly dug new potatoes cooked with mint, yum, my favourite :)


To my friends in the States, I hope those of you in the path of Hurricane Sandy stay safe and well, my thoughts are with you.  Take care.

Bye for now xx

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Million bells as we call them are my favourite flowers to use in pots. So pretty!
I've never tried mint with my potatoes before. I'll have to give it a go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...