Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Red Stitching

Hello friends

I thought you might like to see what I've been stitching on lately - some of the blocks from the "Tis the Season" booklet by Natalie Bird.

I've been planning to make up this quilt for myself one day, as a SAL with Kath and Clare, but these blocks are going to be made into little gifts.


I'm using one of my favourite DMC threads, 321, and although you can't probably tell from this photo, the fabric has a lovely swirly pattern to it.

There's something very relaxing about this red stitching - I'm getting quite addicted! I've stitched another four blocks since taking this photo. I found a very cute sampler here, which I've also traced out ready to stitch soon.

Bye for now x

8 comments:

Deb said...

I love your redwork!! The little squares are so cute. I haven't done that in quite a while, but I'm seeing more and more people do it. Can't wait to see the rest of your blocks and your start on the new piece.

Elizabeth said...

I love it. I love doing redwork and one of my favourite colours is 815 and if I'm working on a more primitive or country work I will often use 221.

Bel said...

Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

So cute! I think I need to get hold of this booklet

Chris said...

Wonderful redwork! I love the red that you have chosen.

Solstitches said...

Lovely project.
I've seen a few of these finished around Blogland. It's a beautiful quilt.
Margaret

Solstitches said...

Lovely project!
I've seen a few of these finished around Blogland. It's a beautiful quilt.
Margaret

Tatkis said...

Lovely stitcheries, and they would be just perfect for gifts!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...