Friday, December 30, 2011

To & From

We're enjoying a quiet afternoon at home after DH treated us out to lunch at one of our local restaurants.  The weather has turned here and the rain has come - sadly its not looking good for seeing in the New Year around NZ at any of the beaches or other holiday spots. We don't have any particular plans this year except for a family get together on New Years day, so I'm planning to fit in lots of stitching :)

Now that all the presents have been unwrapped I can finally share a few of the gifts I made secretly over the past few months and also show the wonderful gifts I received from Clare and Kath :)

For Clare this year I stitched Deer in the Meadow by Blackbird Designs -


I also made Clare a Stitcher's wallet to hold all her stitching bits and pieces - front


and for the back I stitched a Prairie Fairie by the Prairie Schooler


From Clare, I was given this very cute Brittercup designs ornament, looks just like Miss Poppy :)


A felted bag
This Santa, which Clare cleverly made
and this wonderful cute little bag - she's very talented my friend Clare and I feel very lucky to be the recipient of her gorgeous sewing and stitchery work.



Now for dear Kath - as soon as I spotted this particular design by Danybrod I knew it would just perfect for Kath. I made it into a small wall hanging. It took alot of searching at the local fabric shops to find some suitable fabric to match, I wanted it to be just right. I just loved stitching this pretty design.


I also made Kath and Clare both a stitchery Christmas Bon bon, the pattern is by Hatched and Patched. I had actually done the stitched parts before Christmas last year, lol.


On the day after Boxing Day, we went to visit with Kath and the girls, and these are the lovely pressies Kath gave to me - this years ornie:

A thread catcher : 

And ta da, a sewing machine cover - I couldn't tell you how excited I was to see this, Kath has known that I've been wanting to make one for simply ages. Its just perfect! Here's the front :

And the back :


My friend Wendy also gave me a set of all handmade cards for different occasions, what a neat idea, and a very sweet angel ornament.

So I was a very spoilt girl this Christmas.  I also treated myself to a few other crafty pre Christmas pressies so I'll share them in my next post. 

As this will be my last post for 2011, I just want to wish you a very Happy New Year and thank you for your visits here, and comments and most of all, your friendship. I'm looking forward to the new year and have lots of stitching, sewing, can't forget knitting and crocheting projects planned!

See you in 2012 xx


7 comments:

Laurita Hall said...

Wonderful Gifts!!!!

Hugs,
Laurita
http://laurahallisnearby.blogspot.com/

Kathryn in NZ said...

Happy New Year!!!
Lotsa hugs

cathymk said...

Beautiful stitching and such lovely gifts! Just gorgeous.

Valentina said...

You both made and receveid wonderful gifts!
Happy New Year!

Lynn said...

Happy New Year! I love all your crafty gifts, both given and received. The sewing machine cover is just awesome!
Looking forward to seeing what projects you stitch in the coming year.

Mindi said...

Lovely stitched gifts, both given and received. The stitching bag you made with the PS fairy is adorable!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Wow! What gorgeous gifts - I love the felted bag and the sewing machine cover! Very pretty :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...