Saturday, September 03, 2011

A Day Out

Earlier in the week a group of friends and myself headed up to spend the day in Napier. We had organised a tour of a local knitting wool factory, Skeinz,  for our first stop.  What an interesting tour this was and of course, we had to pay a visit to the shop - if you are ever in Napier, this is definately worth checking out. There's some great wool to choose from, and at very good prices.  I came out there with this selection, which I'm planning to use for a crochet blanket for Hannah.


After lunch it was time to stop by one of my most favourite stitching shops, Heirlooms, which is owned by the lovely Sherelyn Whiteman.  I had some discount vouchers to spend and had no trouble picking out a few goodies. Sherelyn showed us how she is storing her stitching in these lovely "books" so I couldn't resist purchasing one either :)


The latest JBW Designs had only just arrived in Sherelyn's mail box earlier on in the day so I picked out a selection of these, and a few other Christmas ones.


So a good day all round I think - time catching up with friends, and some new stash!

5 comments:

butterfly said...

Wow lovely shopping i love all the things you brought .

I am going out soon with my friends to a stitching show can't wait. Have a nice weekend.

Robin said...

Sounds like a fantastic day. Love the new JBW designs.

Lana said...

Awesome new stash! I don't do any crafting that would require yarn/wool, but those colors are scrummy!!! Looks like you all had a lovely day!!

Mrs Dibble said...

All you Dads look lovely....love the new stash....makes me realise that it September and that Christmas is not too far.......bugger!!!!!!! Best get sewing!!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

It sounds like you had a fun day out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...