Saturday, September 03, 2011

A Day Out

Earlier in the week a group of friends and myself headed up to spend the day in Napier. We had organised a tour of a local knitting wool factory, Skeinz,  for our first stop.  What an interesting tour this was and of course, we had to pay a visit to the shop - if you are ever in Napier, this is definately worth checking out. There's some great wool to choose from, and at very good prices.  I came out there with this selection, which I'm planning to use for a crochet blanket for Hannah.


After lunch it was time to stop by one of my most favourite stitching shops, Heirlooms, which is owned by the lovely Sherelyn Whiteman.  I had some discount vouchers to spend and had no trouble picking out a few goodies. Sherelyn showed us how she is storing her stitching in these lovely "books" so I couldn't resist purchasing one either :)


The latest JBW Designs had only just arrived in Sherelyn's mail box earlier on in the day so I picked out a selection of these, and a few other Christmas ones.


So a good day all round I think - time catching up with friends, and some new stash!

5 comments:

butterfly said...

Wow lovely shopping i love all the things you brought .

I am going out soon with my friends to a stitching show can't wait. Have a nice weekend.

Robin said...

Sounds like a fantastic day. Love the new JBW designs.

Lana said...

Awesome new stash! I don't do any crafting that would require yarn/wool, but those colors are scrummy!!! Looks like you all had a lovely day!!

Mrs Dibble said...

All you Dads look lovely....love the new stash....makes me realise that it September and that Christmas is not too far.......bugger!!!!!!! Best get sewing!!

Susan said...

It sounds like you had a fun day out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...