Sunday, April 17, 2011

Some Birthday Goodness

Last Saturday I celebrated another birthday and some of the wonderful gifts I was given included some crafty ones.
From my friend Shelley at work, she gave me these neat scissors. I'd been eyeing up these recently at the local quilting shop, aren't they cool. She also included some fabric, which might come in handy this week for my Easter stitching finishing, and a pack of garden themed charms.
From Kath, she totally spoilt me as always -

To hold my scissors, this chookie made out of the most gorgeous fabric, which Kath knew I would love!
and this lovely mug mat, once again, just perfect to my tastes.


I told you she thoroughly spoilt me, Kath also gave me this Little House Needleworks kit that I loved ever since it came out.



I'm going to start on this during the Easter break next weekend.



Its been a pretty quiet weekend at our house this weekend - we did get a visit from my BIL, SIL, and little niece Alice this afternoon which was great to catch up with them. My SIL is due to have her baby in two weeks so we're all very excited about it. I'd better get on with the blanket I'm crocheting for the baby, I'm on my third attempt at it, the first and second time I wasn't happy with the tension but now its back underway.



Nearly dinnertime here so I'd better get going, I'll be back soon with a stitchey update.

9 comments:

ann d du québec said...

WOW!!!!
Tres joli blog!!!
et la poule est merveilleuse.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love the chook - anything with chickens in it and it's a winner with me.

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! And what a wonderful bunch of goodies you received...you obviously have some wonderful friends who think the world of you!

Best wishes to your family on the expected arrival of a new baby...babies make us feel young again!!

Happy Stithcin'
Terri

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
What great friends! I love the chookie! Do you know if there is another name for this? I have searched for an online tutorial, but with no results.

Lynn said...

I hope you had a most enjoyable birthday!
Your gifts are wonderful. You're so blessed to have such great friends.
Congratulations also on the upcoming arrival of a new baby in the family.

Cindy's Stitching said...

What cute gifts. I love the scissors

Giovanna said...

Many happy returns! You've had some wonderful gifts - love the charms especially!

Patty C. said...

I hope you had a lovely time on your birthday !!!!You certainly received some wonderful gift from some very kind friends :)

Karoline said...

Happy Birthday Katrina, you got some lovely gifts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...