Saturday, June 05, 2010

In Today's Mail

I was very excited to see a little box in our mail today, all the way from the Silver Needle. I love how they wrap up your stash ever so pretty.

And just what was in there? The newest Just Nan pattern along with all the goodies to go with it!!




I can't wait to get started on this - I've already kitted up the threads and might just get it underway this evening - it looks like its going to be a fun stitch!!

This week I have I finished another ornament for the ever-growing pile that need to be made into actual ornaments.


Glory to God -Little House Needleworks
2008 Just Cross Stitch ornaments magazine
32ct mocha belfast with suggested GAST threads

Lastly for today, I thought you might like to see Hannah's birthday cross stitch now in its frame, which was made for me by a friend. I went for a simple moulding in tan colour. I was really pleased with how it turned out and it looks lovely hanging on the wall in Hannah's bedroom alongside her other birthday stitched pieces.


Oh yes, before I go, for those that asked which beach I was at last weekend - I went to Pourere beach, which is only a 30 minute drive east of our town. Its a very popular beach during our summer months. I spent alot of time there as a kid and when I was at high school with my family, we used to stay there every summer for three weeks in a caravan. They were the best holidays ever. You can see some pics of Pourere Beach here.
Have a fun weekend!

13 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

That kit looks awesome, what a pretty design. Good choice.
hugs
Miche'le

Zeb said...

Can't wait for my copy of Twilight Pearls to arrive, it looks gorgeous, but also scary at the same time. Will be looking forward to watching your progress on this one.

Adore the framed mermaids!

Paula said...

Lovely stitching. The Just Nan kit looks amazing.

Christine S said...

Lovely ornament finish and the framed sampler for Hannah turned out beautifully!

Deb said...

I can't wait to see your start on that Just Nan pattern. It's so, so pretty. I don't think I'd have the courage to even try that, so I'll just have to content myself with your project.

Love your LHN ornament - very pretty. And your piece for Hannah's room looks spectacular framed!!

Valerie said...

The Just Nan kit is lovely! The colors are going to be gorgeous together! I look forward to progress pics!

Lynn said...

I look forward to seeing your new start, it's gorgeous.
Your framed piece for your daughter really turned out lovely and I adore that LHN ornie.

Dolci Fusa said...

Hello!
Would you like to play my game giveaway?
http://dolcifusa.blogspot.com/2010/06/game-giveway.html
Veronica

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

What a lovely package from Silver Needle. I love that Just Nan piece.

Your LHN finish is beautiful - I've started stitching it, but haven't finished it as yet.

Unknown said...

Love Hannah's mermaid sampler!

staci said...

Enjoy your new stash :) Your LHN ornament is really lovely and Hannah's mermaids turned out wonderfully!

Giovanna said...

Lovely ornament, and Hannah's mermaids are really cute - congrats!

TechTeacherPto3 said...

oowwwww pretty love it! *drool* me wants one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...