Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pillow Time

I've seen a few of these pillow type finishes around lately so was inspired to have a go myself this week.

This is Lovely and Faithful, a threadpack by Little House Needleworks. I stitched this design when we were away on holiday last October.


and one of this month's Christmas ornaments, made into a pillow as well.



I had spotted this lovely red fabric visit on a visit to my local quilting shop the other day - they have got some gorgeous new fabrics in since the New Year. Very, very tempting I must say, lol.


We're enjoying a stunning day here and later on, we will be heading out to the local aerodrome. They're having an open day for their 75th anniversary and have numerous aircraft to see and aerial displays to watch too - these we can actually see from our back yard:)


Have a fun weekend!

20 comments:

Nicky said...

These are gorgeous Katrina. I've seen lots of these around lately and they don't look too difficult(I hope). Even for a very amateur finisher like me - I'm sure it's possible? lol Have a great day at the air show, we've got a beautiful day down here today too.

Kim B said...

Beautiful Katrina! I love those organza ribbons!

Andrea said...

Ooh, what great little pillows, both of them, great job!

Anonymous said...

O so pretty!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Nic said...

They look great - congratulations!

Ingrid said...

Very nice, especially the red one is lovely.
Greetings from
Ingrid

Raven/Missy said...

I love the way you finished these pieces. The pillows are wonderful and add to the beauty of your stitching.

Katrina said...

Both pillows are so cute, congrats on the finishes!

Ellie said...

Hi I like the finishes. I want to find beautiful ribbons like yours sooo... pretty! Jan

Lisa said...

Your finishes are absolutely beautiful! The fabric and ribbon combination with the stitched pieces are perfect. You look like you have done this finish many times! Have a great day.
Lisa D

Melissa said...

Both of these pillows are so pretty!

Deb said...

Katrina - Just absolutely gorgeous finishes! Love the ribbon touches!

Andrea said...

Pretty pillow finishes.

Karoline said...

Great finishing, the pillow's are lovely

Natasha said...

I love that finish, I really want to try that myslef, just abit nervouse. I made my first flanged pillow yesterday which was fun to make.

Great stitching also :)

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Very nice finishes, Katrina - I love that style of pillow finishing, although I've never tried it myself.

Irene said...

Beautiful pillows !

Anne S said...

Love love love your pillows - they look gorgeous! I'm especially partial to the blue one of course :P

Sharon said...

Your pillows are fabulous!

Lynn said...

I love your pillow finishes. They don't look too difficult and I'm hoping that I could manage one myself. Unfortunatly it'll have to be done by hand since I don't have a machine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...