Thursday, May 28, 2009

First May Ornie and Some Knitting

At long last I'm starting to feel back to my normal self, still a bit snuffly and sore throat, but my energy levels have greatly improved, even since just the weekend. I've actually felt like stitching this week, some nights I haven't wanted to put it down to go to bed, but early nights are what I need at the moment.

This is the first of my May Christmas ornaments, a cute little design I've been wanting to stitch for quite some time.

Design: Jingle all the Way by Angie Williams of Sweet Pea Designs
Just Cross Stitch magazine December 2007
Fabric: unknown 32ct
Threads: DMC and Gentle Art Sampler

I mentionned that I've been knitting booties -this pattern is so simple. One of Glenn's aunties made some of these booties for Hannah and I found they were really good at staying on, lol.


I recently joined Ravelry -there are heaps and heaps of patterns on there I want to knit for Hannah, lol, this one I thought was just gorgeous. Yesterday I stopped by the local knitting shop and found some variegated wool that will be just perfect.


Lastly for today, here's a latest pic of Miss Cheeky, she's watching Barney on dvd :)


Have a great rest of the week, take care, bye for now!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Just LOVE the sheepie, that would look good on my desk at Christmas!!

And look at Miss cheeky, she is looking pretty perky today. It must be the sun that has finally decided to show its face.

Back to work for me...

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Love that little sheep, congrats on the finish and your little one in striped tights is cute too. CJ ok;-)

Kim B said...

Great ornie design! And the booties are sweet!

We stood in line for over an hour to meet Barney last year!

Anonymous said...

great design and love the bootees.. so hard to find good ones that stay on.. lol love the pattern you have planned looks great.

Deb said...

Miss Cheeky is adorable. And isn't Ravelry the greatest. Very enabling site with all the free patterns!

Karoline said...

Cute ornie Katrina, congratulations. Great photo of Hannah

CindyMae said...

I remember my Barney days! I am glad they are over! LOL I love the ornie, it is darling and the booties are great! Of course little Miss Cheeky looks so adorable!!

Andrea said...

Just look at that cheeky little grin. Great projects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...