Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday

Here's a recent finish of mine, Christmas Purse by JBW Designs, just needs a small charm of some sort attached. Not sure how I will finish this one :)

We've been enjoying the produce from our vege garden lately, this is what I picked on Thursday. See how big the cauli and broccoli are, they are selling for megabucks at the supermarkets here at the moment.


I bought a Christmas ornament from one of the local craft exhibtions earlier in the year and decided to have a go at making some myself this week to send away in our Christmas cards this year. They are quite easy to make, just the ironing that takes the time.



A great way to use up any small Christmasy bits of fabric.


Yesterday I invited a couple of my stitching buddies around for a bit of lunch and then an afternoon of stitching, chatting, snacking, laughing, etc, etc. We had a wonderful afternoon, catching up on one another's news, showing off our latest stash aquisitions and finishes, and generally, just enjoying one another's company.

Wendy snapped a photo of me


This our friend Clare:)


And here's Kath and Wendy.

Funnily enough, we were all stitching on Christmas projects - I've only got a few stitches to put into Lizzie Late's Don't get your tinsel in a tangle and then I'm going to start the 2008 Special Edition Kit, Christmas is Forever, once I've stitched the last of my 2008 ornaments. Now I just need to find a few spare hours to get them all made up :)
thanks for stopping by, take care,
Katrina

13 comments:

stitcherw said...

Cute finish, JBW's designs are such fun. Lovely Christmas ornaments as well. Glad you all had a good time at your stitching get together.
Sue

Arthemise said...

Your ornaments are neat! Mine sharing how to make them?

Irene said...

JBW looks cute ! Your veggies look delicious and I don't eat this kind:) I bet they taste better than the store bought ones too! Your fabric ornies looks wonderful.

Rowyn said...

Great ornaments, and JBW finish.

Your home-grown vegies look delicious. We have some fruit trees we planted a few years ago and we are impatiently waiting for them to flourish. Homegrown fruit and vegies always taste so much better.

Looks like a fun time was had by all at your stitching afternoon.

Karoline said...

Cute finish and your vegi's are impressive.

Andrea said...

Great JBW finish. Those Christmas ornaments are a neat idea. Your veggies look wonderful.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Wow...your ornaments that you made up with your scrap material is really neat. It sounds like you had a great time with your stitching friends too...Us Stitchers need to do that at least once a week....LOL....I'm so glad that you had a good time. Now I know what you look like....LOL....

Take care & Happy Stitching

Carol said...

Cute finish! Did you get my email about "Betsy"?

staci said...

Congrats on your JBW finish. And those Christmas cards are wonderful!!! Looks like you had a great time :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of your little GTG, Katrina! Thanks for sharing!

Kajsa said...

It looks like you ladies have so much fun! Cute ornaments.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Looks like you had fun with your stitching buddies. The JBW design is cute and I love the ornaments that you made.

All things beautiful said...

Love your Christmas ornaments? Would love to learn up from you. Is there a pattern available?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...