Monday, January 14, 2008

A Day Out

Well I survived my first day back at work today, lol. It was a staff only day today so that was good to catch up with all my staff, hear how their holidays went, and slowly ease back into things before the clients return tomorrow. Bit of a shock to the system, getting up at 6.30am this morning when I've been making the most of the holidays sleeping in til well past 8am each morning!

We had an awesome day out yesterday to celebrate Dad's birthday. We drove up to Napier, about 50 minutes north of where we live. It was an absolute stunning day, with a nice breeze coming off the sea. It was still pretty hot though.

This was the view from the restaurant where we had lunch - of course, Glenn and Zoe had to dip their feet in the water, lol.




This pic was taken along the Marine Parade, a popular street in Napier.


And Miss Zoe, making "mud cakes" at the playground, she was having a ball :)


Zoe enjoying a ride. This playground is wonderful, all enclosed and lots of shaded areas for the adults to hang out while the kids play.


Tonight I'm going to the movies with Mum and a friend to see Elizabeth the Golden Age. Our one and only picture theatre is finally showing it,lol.

I'm hoping to get back into a regular blogging routine over the next few weeks and I have quite alot of your blogs to catch up with. Please bear with me if I don't get around to commenting on all the posts I've missed, I'll certainly try though.

7 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Looks like you had a good day

Anonymous said...

It looks like a great day out! Thanks for sharing!

Jacqui said...

Looks like you had a great holiday, C'mas and NY. Good to see you back.

stitcherw said...

Looks and sounds like everyone had fun. It seems so strange sometimes to see pictures of lovely hot weather someplace as I'm looking out at snow. Out in blogger land it is easy to forget where all people live sometimes. Hope the rest of your week goes well.
Sue

Carol said...

Gorgeous beach!!! Soon, we will have beach weather again too :-)

Andrea said...

Ahhh summer!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like you had a wonderful day.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oooh I'd have to dip my feet in that water too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...