Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Wellington Trip and Christmas Stitching

hello stitching friends, as you can see, I have been playing around with my blog template - thought it was time for a change for the summer months. The frangipani flower is very special to me as it reminds me of the wonderful time Glenn and I spent in the Cook Islands for our honeymoon, and of course, I had to use some "blue" colour.

The days seem to be just flying by at the moment, hard to believe that December is here. Wahoo, only 15 more days and then my annual holidays start. Can't wait. This year I have off from the 21st December through until the 14th January. Glenn is also off work from the 21st until the 7th. Lots of time for relaxing around the house, catching up with friends and family and generally having a good break.

Last week I was away for a few days in Wellington with my staff and clients on our annual trip. Each year we spend several months fundraising to be able to take everyone away for a holiday, something that doesn't happen very often for many of our clients. This year there were 17 in our group and we stayed right in central Wellington so we could get out and see as many of the local attractions as possible during our time there. It was a pretty full on schedule so I was completely shattered by the time I got home on Thursday evening. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves though, which is the main thing.

Before I share a few pics from my pic, I arrived home to find a little envelope waiting for me: I've been visited by the secret stitching Santa too that appears to have sent out a little present to several other stitching friends too. How lovely it was to receive this in the mail. Thank you secret stitching Santa, it was wonderful surprise. What a neat idea.


now for some photos from my trip. This is the view back over Wellington city from where we had a ride in the Cable Car.


This is the Beehive, the home of New Zealand's Government. We spent a morning here having a guided tour. This is where the Prime Minister and Cabinet Ministers have offices, and where the Cabinet meets.

This is the Parliamentary Library, a working library that provides research services for members of Parliament and parliamentary staff.

Boy, have I got some finishing to do over the next week or so, I can see some late nights on the agenda, lol. Over the past few weeks when I've felt like stitching, getting some Christmas ornaments finished has been my main aim.

A Very Merry Christmas by JBW Designs

this design is by Nordic Needle from this year's JCS magazine



Just Nan's Christmas Biscornu


Peace by Country Cottage Needleworks, 2007 JCS magazine

Tonight I hope to finish the last of my 2007 ornies, and then like I mentionned above, I will have to get busy with some finishing so I get some of them in the post to arrive in time before Christmas. At least my stitching mojo seems to have returned in the last week or so, its just finding the time to actually stitch I'm running a bit short of at the moment, lol.

Babynews: my morning sickness seems to have disappeared in the last week, hurray, but in staying that I'm still having the odd bout of queasiness in the morning. Once I have something to eat for breakfast though, I'm ok. The other week I meet with my midwife, a lovely lady called Judy, who is going to be our Lead Maternity Carer, and my next appointment with her is the 18th December. Tomorrow I'm 16 weeks, where have the past few weeks gone? Our 20 week scan has been booked, to be on the 4th January. Over the weekend Glenn and I found that two lots of our close friends are due to have babies very close to us, which we are very excited about, as they are also having their first babies.

Righto time for me to get organised to head off to work. I'm trying to catch up at the moment on all my blog reading but as I'm so far behind I may not have time to leave a comment for everyone. Hopefully I''ll remedy that over the next few weeks. Take care xxx

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina! So glad that you had a great time with your staff on holiday. The pictures are fantastic! Congrats on all the wonderful finishes! JN's biscornu is beautiful! I haven't even started mine... Have fun with the finishing! Great to hear that themorning sickness has subsided! I'm so excited for you!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I love the pics. Great stitchy stuff

Christine S said...

I love your finishes, especially the JBW design! I've never seen it before!

Sharon said...

Sounds like you had a great time. The pictures are beautiful-especially the one of the city. Lovely ornies. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Kajsa said...

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing them. Your finishes are great.

How fun that the baby will have playmates from the start.

Mindi said...

You stitched up some gorgeous Christmas ornaments, I especially love the JBW one.

Carol said...

Great trip pics!! I am into getting ornaments done lately too - the calendar is flying too fast for me!

Nicki said...

I love Wellington! Such a great city. Lovely stitching and how great that friends are having babies around the same time. Company for mums and babies alike!

Lucy said...

I like the card...Merry Stitches...very cute!

Needlearts Kelly said...

Great pictures and beautiful finishes. Enjoy all your upcoming finishing.

Anonymous said...

I love frangipanis, too! When I was young, I lived in Darwin, and frangipanis always remind me of Darwin.

Abi said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love your stitching! The JBW Design is just beautiful.

Andie said...

Your stitching is as beautiful as always :) Glad to hear that you are feeling so much better with the baby :) Are you planning on finding out what you are having (other than a baby of course lol)?

Kathy A. said...

Thank you for the photos of Wellington. Love to see a new part of the world. Your Christmas designs are lovely especially the JBW piece. Glad to hear you are feeling much better. Congrats again!

stitcherw said...

Your finishes all look beautiful, good luck getting them all finished up into ornaments and such. Glad you all had such a fun trip, the pictures were wonderful.
Sue

Von said...

What a nice report, Katrina! It's good to know you've had a great trip and that your pregnancy is progressing as it should. :D

Jane said...

Sounds like you had a fun time! The pics are really neat! Glad to hear the morning sickness is subsiding. Just remembering my own makes me a bit queasy!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Katrina, you've done some beautiful Christmas stiching this year!

Michelle said...

Beautiful ornaments! I'm looking forward to stitching some of my own next year. Glad you had a wonderful trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...