Friday, April 13, 2007

Another Gorgeous Gift


I received a parcel from Lisa containing this really neat covered journal and card the other day. Its just wonderful - I tell you, Lisa is so clever with all her papercraft and sewing projects, if you haven't already seen the cool bag she made over Easter weekend, pop over to her blog for a peek. We're hoping to plan a get together one weekend soon - so she can give me some lessons how to make all these wonderful projects and in return, I'll help her spend lots of money at my LNS and scrapbooking and quilt shops, lol!
The weather here has turned rather chilly in the past day or so, we even had our fire going for the first time last night. It was nice and cosy to be sitting there stitching, but I did think of our dear old kitty, who would have been there, curled up beside me. I think there may even be the first lot of snow on the ranges to the west of town so I've made sure to dress warmly this morning, as I froze all day at work yesterday.
This afternoon after work my friend Wendy and I are participating in a canvas class at the scrapbooking shop - its looks like a fun project so I've been looking forward to it for ages. I'm using some our black and white wedding photos for it.
Glenn heads off to Wellington this afternoon for the night so he can go to a rugby game. He's going to need his winter woolies there I'm sure. I plan to sit up late stitching and watching a few dvds I've bought recently.
Its the needleroll SAL weekend coming up too, is anyone going to join me this time. I've decided to have a change from the Sweetheart Tree series and stitch M Designs Rose Mosiac needleroll, a design I've been wanting to try for awhile now.
oh yes, my birthday order arrived from Needlecraft Corner yesterday - I got the fabric and threads for Drawn Threads Toccata 3, Just Nan's Pansies Please and fabric, and Happy are Those by the Sweetheart Tree. Another small order, containing the new Little House Needleworks and several Country Cottage Patterns, from Stitching Bits and Bobs should be here anyday now.

8 comments:

Christine S said...

It's funny that you say you have to dress warm because we're finally thinking about dressing cooler here! The high today is 12C and tomorrow is supposed to 17C. Wonderful!

Sounds like you got some great birthday pressies for yourself. Have a blast with your canvas class! I can't wait to see your needleroll.

stitcherw said...

The journal is lovely, what a great gift. Your new stash, both what you just got and what is on order, sounds wonderful. I really like LHN and CCN patterns as well. The Rose Needleroll will be so pretty, I'll enjoy watching your posts on it.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Lovely gift from Lisa - she's so talented with her papercrafts.

The weather is set to be 22 degrees C here over the weekend - a little too warm for April, really.

Have a great weekend Katrina!

Sylvie said...

That's lovely

Unknown said...

She's too clever that LIsa. It's a really beautiful journal and I just think the card is pretty cute too.
Mmmm nice new stash too....!!

Hazel said...

What lovely gifts. I had a peek at the needleroll and i'm very tempted. They are beautiful but I have never made one before. Are they difficult to make up?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the needleroll all stitched up! You've received some lovely gifts!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that journal is beautiful. Look forward to seeing our needleroll progress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...