Friday, July 07, 2006

Needleroll Stitch Along Part 2

So far for July's SAL we've got:

Katrina - Sweetheart Tree Victorian Floral
Andrea - Sweetheart Tree Wildflowers
Lisa - a sampler needleroll
Karoline - Shepherds Bush Shepherds Roll
Wendy - perhaps starting a needleroll for an exchange (Robin's Nest board)
and Lisa is very tempted to join us, come on Lisa, join in on the fun!!!

I hope I haven't missed anyone, please let me know and I'll add your name to the list.

For those new to my blog, a group of us are stitching a needleroll design of our own choice on the 2nd weekend of the month and this would be our 3rd of 4th month (I'll have to check the archives!!) We stitch as much as we like on the design and then share pics in our own blogs after the weekend.

Margaret left a comment for me the other day asking me what a needleroll is. This site has a good definition for one. I also found this site that has instructions for finishing a Shepherd's Bush needleroll. There are lots of wonderful designs for needlerolls available - the Sweetheart Tree series, Shepherds Bush, Victoria Sampler's birthday needlerolls are so pretty, M Designs, etc, and of course there's lot of freebies out there - endless possibilities really because any small design can be turned into one.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

The needleroll finishing site is very good. It's the one I used to do my first needleroll a couple of months ago. I read it over and over and it finally got through my thick skull.

Tara, it is soooo much fun!

I need to pop out for linen today. I almost forgot!

Carol said...

Not sure about ours.... thought we might be doing Violet and Lace Sampler SAL? Maybe the silks will take too long?

Running Kiwi said...

Is Victorian Floral Needleroll one of the ones you were looking for?

I just found mine - if it is one you were looking for, let me know - I'll give it to you when I'm finished with it (hopefully this weekend! LOL)

Anne S said...

Sorry I haven't been commenting lately - your blog is one of my 5 faves I'm behind on reading ... and I refuse to mark anything as read, 'cos I want to read all the arhives so I haven't missed anything! :) Unfortunately I'm having to pull out of the needleroll SAL this weekend again - I had my design all picked out, then realised I had my charity block due 15 July and hadn't started it ... everything else is now on hold until I get that stitched (it's a marathon effort!). I might cheat and still do a bit of needleroll stitching once I've got that finished ... it'll just be a week late! Look forward to seeing what everyone stitches this month :D {{hugs}} If I manage to get some stitches in, it'll be to finish off my 'trial run' piece I was stitching for my Melanie's Exchange ...

Lisa said...

I changed my mind on which piece to do. I'm doing the Rabbits portions of Sheep n Rabbits. It's still a sampler though so you don't have to change my info. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...