Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Our Easter 2023

I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend, we thoroughly enjoyed our four day break. 

The weather was pretty good, although we did light the fire one evening for the first time this autumn.  We spent time with family, celebrated my birthday, which fell on Easter Sunday this year, worked on some projects at home, and looked after Diesel after his operation last week, and generally enjoyed being around home. Hannah is now on school holidays for the next two weeks.

Of course we enjoyed some Easter treats!


New books bought with birthday money - Nicky Pellegrino is one of my favourite NZ authors.


I'm looking forward to reading Pip Cameron's new book, filled with lovely recipes and stories about life on a high country farm in the South Island.



I think these could be the last of my blackberry nip roses unless they flower again before winter, they smell divine!



We had a Jamieson family dinner catch up on Friday evening and enjoyed a delicious roast dinner and for dessert I made Brownie Trifle, this is a firm favourite now. This time I used boysenberries as well as strawberries, so yummy!


One of my friends made a chocolate banana birthday cake for morning tea, yum too!


A few weeks ago, I bought a new car and my nieces gave me  this little dinky toy for a bit of fun - my car is just missing the pink stripe, I thought that was hilarious!



Now Glenn has finished our bathroom renovations, he's moved onto his next project, the outdoor deck area. Over the weekend, he removed the trellis work and has relined the outside walls. 





Next up is to reline the inner walls and then the walls will be painted. Umm, what colour?

Last week Diesel spent the day at the Vets to have his neutering procedure. Asides from being a bit groggy on Thursday evening, over the weekend he was back to his happy self. He has his own Easter bonnet to wear for the week until the stitches are removed.


I spent a bit of time sewing and finished off a couple of projects, which I'll share next time. I didn't get any Easter stitching finished this year, I had a couple of patterns kitted and small starts made on these though so I think I'll work on these over the next few months, ready for next year. 

I had three new cross stitch project starts too, so I'll share them later this week, and also spent several happy hours sorting and reorganising amongst my charts, fabrics and threads. A friend recently gave me a whole pile of assorted linens and some threads so they were added to my stash too. 

See you soon xx










2 comments:

butterfly said...

Wow you have had a busy Easter .
Love the roses and the sweets .
Hugs June .

Marilyn said...

Sounds like you had a nice Easter with yummy treats!
Those books look interesting.
Seems your husband is always busy!
I hope Diesel heals well.
Happy belated Birthday, our Anniversary was on Easter this year......41 years!
Marilyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...