Friday, March 31, 2023

End of the Month wrap up

 Hello friends, I hope all is well in your world. I thought I'd better get one more post in since we're right at the end of another month.

Things have been a little crazy busy around here lately, mostly my work stuff, so I'm really looking forward to the Easter break coming up soon. We have no set plans, just going to be at home, Glenn has a couple of projects planned and I'd like to spend some time out in the gardens. Hannah's first term break is coming up and these holidays will be filled with dancing practises for her as she is going to be in a local show production at the end of April.

Daylight Savings ends this weekend too, can't believe it, it feels like we hardly had a summer with all the rain and then the cyclone.  We had our first taste of winter this week, the temperatures really dropped and we switched on our heat pump for the first time, not quite ready to light the fire!

Some lovely new charts arrived this week from 123 Stitch, along with some threads needed for a few projects. I'm going to kit up the Primrose Cottage Stitches chart this weekend and make a start. 



Glenn and I spent last weekend at one of our local beaches in the campervan, this time Pourere Beach, which is not far from Blackhead Beach, and only 40 minute drive from home. When I was a teenager, my family used to stay there every summer for two or three weeks.

Of course, Mr Diesel was in his element, he just loves the beach - zoomies in the water, the walks up and down the beach, sniffing everywhere he goes.





The weather was lovely Friday evening and most of Saturday, Sunday morning it was raining we woke up so we decided to head home. 






This was probably our last trip out in the campervan now until after winter.


A few weekends ago we popped up to Hastings for some shopping and lunch out, haven't been up there since after New Years. Hannah was happy to purchase a few things of her shopping list, mostly beauty products ha ha.

In other happy and exciting news, our very good friends' daughter Georgia and her partner Mike, had invited us to celebrate their recent engagement and then completely surprised everyone by announcing that they'd actually got married several weeks ago!  Only their parents knew and we were all so thrilled and happy for them. Just amazing, and it was a wonderful evening celebrating with them both.



I hope to have some stitching projects to share next time, I do have a couple of small finishes and making good progress on a couple of things. I've been knitting too, recently made some hand warmers for birthday gifts and have a baby blanket on the go for my cousin's baby due in a few months. My sewing mojo unfortunately has disappeared, but I hope to get to my sewing machine over the Easter break perhaps. I have some fabrics picked out for some new project bags, and several things that need to be made up. 

Have a lovely weekend, See you soon xx



4 comments:

butterfly said...

What lovely Photos .
Great charts you brought there.
Enjoy your day and have fun hugs June.

Marilyn said...

Great stash!
Glad you got 1 last camping trip in.
Diesel is so handsome & all grown up!
Marilyn

loulee said...

Lovely postal delivery. The beach looks beautiful, I love to hear the water and feel the sea breezes. Enjoy your break.

mylene said...

Looks like you had a lovely get away, beautiful pictures.
More lovely charts arrived, looking forward to your new starts.
Happy weekend❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...