Thursday, March 09, 2023

This Week

Even though I'm trying to stick to my plan of stitching on projects I already have on the go  and left over from last year, I recently ordered some new charts and fabric. The charts came from 123 Stitch in the US and didn't take too long to get to New Zealand, and the Fox & Rabbit linen I ordered from the Ribbon Rose in Auckland. 

I can't wait to start This Happy Morning - I have a few threads to collect and then I might start on it during Easter this year as my birthday falls on Easter Sunday.

We enjoyed a family lunch out together to celebrate my niece Zoe's 22nd birthday on Sunday at one of our favourite local cafes.  Zoe recently got a promotion at her work, so very proud of her.

Eggs Benedict with salmon, my first choice always if I'm out for brunch somewhere.




What else for today - my current books to read, I've been reading a lot this year and currently have a huge pile waiting, either reserves that have come in at the library, purchases or books I've been loaned. Have you read anything good lately?


Cheeky boy Mr D, this is how I found him the other day, he'd sneaked into our bedroom, found my dressing gown and was settling in to have a sleep on our bed!




In other news this week, we've had the last of the plumbing work done in one of our bathrooms, yay. This was a major redo- new ceiling, new shower, new toilet, new hand basin and vanity, and new wall paneling.  Glenn did most of this work himself, with help from his Dad, and then work was done by our plumber and electrician. Photos to come. 

See you soon xx

3 comments:

butterfly said...

Nice new goodies , I bet you can't wait to start .
Lovely post hugs June.

Mylene said...

Lovely New charts and fabrics. Looking forward to see your new updates/starts.

shirley flavell said...

It's all part of the fun preparing for a new stitch project. Love what you have chosen.I also liked the Rudolph reindeer cushion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...