Monday, May 20, 2024

Hi friends, Monday again already, the weeks seem to be zipping by! We had a good weekend just been, catching up on the usual around the house jobs, some baking and meal prep for the week ahead, and yay, the first part of the new series of Bridgeton was released. Hannah and I also went to a show on Saturday night, CHB Rising Stars Talent show - it was a fabulous evening of dance, singing and music. Several of Hannah's dance friends were in it and they were amazing.

For the first time in ages, I was able to spend some time at my sewing machine the other day so I've been sorting through my pile of finished stitched pieces, and will hopefully have some photos to share soon. This is a recent finish, I Stitch by Teresa Kogut. This design was given to Patreon club members after the Nashville needlework market. I'm thinking it might be made into a project bag.

Something else I haven't done in ages, is any knitting. One night last week I decided to hunt out my sock knitting. These socks have been on the go for a good two years and I really enjoyed knitting away for a few hours. 


Hannah's 16th birthday celebrations continued with a day out last Sunday. We started with ten pin bowling in Hastings and then over the Napier for the girls to enjoy some shopping while Glenn and I enjoyed a coffee in the sunshine. 




There were lots of people out and about, and after a few hours shopping it was time for a very late lunch at one of our favourite restaurants, Lone Star.


This was Glenn's meal - looked so yum! It was also Mother's day here so I was treated to dessert, chocolate brownie with a strawberry sauce, delicious.



We finished the afternoon with a walk around the Bluff Hill lookout, watching the sun come down.


 Thanks for stopping by, see you soon x

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Very pretty socks, & that is going to make a perfect project bag!
Marilyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...