Friday, December 08, 2023

All the things

Hello friends, how quickly Friday has rolled around this week! It's Hannah's last day of school for 2023 so I'm heading to her final school assembly and prize giving later this morning. I now have only just over two weeks of work left before my annual holidays start and Glenn will start his holiday break then too. 

This coming weekend I'm so looking forward to catching up with my dear stitching friends, for some birthday celebrations and Christmas fun. It's going to be a great day!

For quite some time I've been on the look out for a portable stitching lamp and then I spotted this one on the Ribbon Rose website during the black Friday sales. I really like it so far, it has three light settings to use.


My friend Clare and I recently started a new stitch along together - the Light of Winter by Brenda Gervais.


I'm using all the called for threads and 36 count Ballet Slippers linen by Fox & Rabbit.





I'm so pleased that all of my 2023 ornament and gift stitching is finished and most of these have been fully finished now. I've got a few pics to come.  I've made this project bag for a friend's birthday gift.


This is also for my friend - this design is from Cranberry Christmas by Hands on Designs.



I picked up a new Christmas candle recently - it smells divine!

Even thought our Christmas tree and decorations are not out yet, Hannah and I are going to decorate over the weekend, this beautiful scent makes it feel like Christmas is on its way.


Isn't this dahlia beautiful, I took this photo when I visited one of my aunts the other day - she has beautiful flower gardens. I will really miss the dahlia's from my old work place this summer.

We headed out to the beach last weekend with our friends. The weather was mostly cloudy but Saturday afternoon the sun came out.  







Probably our last trip in the campervan until after New Year but we are currently planning a trip for January.  Exciting as its somewhere we haven't been for many years. 

Have a fun weekend, see you soon xx



4 comments:

Julie said...

A lovely post Katrina. That project bag in your second photo is absolutely gorgeous!! Did you make it? Just beautiful. Love all your makes .... look forward to seeing your tree & decorations when you've done them. Funnily enough a friend gifted me that very same candle just yesterday & I thought how beautiful it looked. xx

Marilyn said...

That looks like a nice light.
Light of Winter is coming along so pretty.
Love that stitching bag, & that looks like a unique, beautiful candle.
Marilyn

Chris said...

Beautiful stitching and I used to love a stitch a long with friends I sometimes get very emotional reading your blog as it reminds me of how I was about 30/40 years ago.

Mylene said...

A very good start on your Stitch-a long project.
Such lovely stitching gifts you made for your friend.
Looking forwrd to see your other ornaments finishes.
Have a lovely week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...