Monday, August 28, 2023

Bits and Bobs

 Almost the end of another month and that means spring is almost here. We even had a spring like day on Saturday, the weather was lovely, which meant after the usual housework, catching up with washing and taking Hannah out for lunch and then to dancing, I spent a few happy hours outside. What a good feeling to be out in the sunshine, the lawns were mowed, our greenhouse was swept out and tidied up, and two vegetable gardens weeded.  I can't wait to get some vegetable seeds going in the greenhouse - lettuce, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, beans, etc hopefully ready to be planted out in late October.  The good weather continued yesterday morning meaning more gardening achieved and I was even able to get some house windows washed before the rain came again.  A very productive weekend.

Last night I finished stitching this cutie - I've had this design kitted since I first got the chart back in 2020 so not sure why I hadn't stitched it yet.




I've been using this Elizabeth Arden hand cream since my trip to Christchurch, one of my dancing mum friends recommended it. It's been fabulous over the winter months for my hands and I'll soon need to purchase some more.


A couple of knitting finishes last week - this hat knitted up quickly. I'll be trying it out tonight when we go out walking with Diesel.


Another pair of handwarmers for a gift. This yarn is so lovely and soft.


Our good boy, he looks gigantic in this photo with Hannah!



A new cook book arrived last week - Vanya Insull, VJ Cooks is a NZ food blogger and this is her second book. I just love her recipes, so easy and most ingredients are pantry staples.



Have a happy week!

See you soon xx

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great projects, love the handwarmers.
Cute Santa
Diesel is so handsome!
Marilyn

Parchesdeamor said...

Bello bordado y adorable tu perro. ❤️

butterfly said...

I hope your Spring and Summer are better than ours .
Summer was far to hot to sit and enjoy , then the last part almost cold .
Our seasons are changing .
Love your Santa and Diesel looks a handsome boy.
Have a lovely week , hugs June.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...