Friday, July 08, 2022

So far this month

Stitching for Jolly July is underway and I've made start on these super cute designs by Misty from Luminous Fibre Arts. 


I've also been sticking to my plan of trying to get some works in progress finished and over the recent weeks, I've been able to tick off two projects.

First up, the Red Bird Sampler by Brenda Gervais. I stitched this on 36 count Up in the Attic fabric by Fox & Rabbit Designs using most of the recommended threads.





Another project I was very happy to have finished is the Stockings were Hung by the Tiny Modernist. This was a stitch along that started back in September 2021. A lot of stitching in this design!






Here's the pile of books I returned back to the library recently - all new authors to me.

Our renovations continue and this week our new fire is being installed and the old one being taken out. All going well, we'll be able to start using the new one this weekend.  While Hannah and I are away, Glenn is taking a few days off work too so he can work on our bathroom and have the new toilet installed. 

Today is the last day of term two for all school students here in New Zealand but lucky Hannah has already started her holidays as it's a teachers only day at her high school.  In a week's time, we are flying to Christchurch for Hannah to attend Dance school  - a week of workshops for ballet, tap, jazz and contemporary dancing. Like previous years, we are travelling with other students from Hannah's dance studio, their parents and Miss Deb, Hannah's wonderful dance teacher.  We are both excited for our trip, and of course, I have a list of places to check out while Hannah is dancing all day, including a visit to the wonderful Art & Frame shop. Can't wait!

See you soon xx

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

That's very cute finish.
I hope you & Hannah have a fun & safe trip!
Marilyn

Robin said...

Love your Red Bird Sampler, the fabric looks like a great choice. The Stockings Were Hung is another great finish and yes a lot of stitching in this one. Your new starts are cute. All three designers are favorites of mine.

Elizabeth said...

Wow, by the time Glenn has finished it will be like a brand new home. I know you will have a great time in Christchurch. Happy �� �� shopping

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...